Dwarf puffer advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Feed blood worms freeze dried or live brine shrimp once a day

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
3g betta

Feed blood worms freeze dried or live brine shrimp once a day

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
3g betta

I dont have either of those, and my landlord won't let me culture anything like worms or shrimp. I've got to stick with trying to get them to eat frozen food or snails for now.

I dont have either of those, and my landlord won't let me culture anything like worms or shrimp. I've got to stick with trying to get them to eat frozen food or snails for now.

I'm sorry I meant to say try to not use freeze dried and only frozen. Freeze dried can give them bloat. But yes use frozen. I suggest letting it soak in water first tho. Tank water of course. I always soak it for like 5 min.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
3g betta

I'm sorry I meant to say try to not use freeze dried and only frozen. Freeze dried can give them bloat. But yes use frozen. I suggest letting it soak in water first tho. Tank water of course. I always soak it for like 5 min.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
3g betta

I was thinking that freeze dried was no good, but I wasn't sure enough to question it lol. I always soak frozen in water, I have tons of it for pampering my multis!

What frozen foods work best? I have bloodworms, brine and mysis shrimp, cichlid formula, and emerald entree.

sinibotia;3210761What frozen foods work best? I have bloodworms said:
I prefer bloodworms and brine shrimp. Although I find puffers like bloodworms best

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
3g betta

Mine love bloodworms as well, but there's almost no nutritional value for them. Other frozen foods I feed are brine shrimp, mysis and krill. And plenty of pest snails of course.

Update: They ate frozen bloodworms this morning! Should be smooth fishkeeping from here, bar problems with internal parasites that may show up.

I'm still having some plant problems though. The new leaves on my java fern are crinkled and thin, and I don't know why. I've dosed like 3x the dose of seachem flourish comprehensive and I'm dosing API CO2 booster every day. Also a regular dose of API leaf zone.

I'd treat for parasites sooner rather than later. They can remain dormant for months and you wouldn't know they had them. I like to treat during quarantine. Usually by the time the parasites become active again, it's too late.

I'd treat for parasites sooner rather than later. They can remain dormant for months and you wouldn't know they had them. I like to treat during quarantine. Usually by the time the parasites become active again, it's too late.

What should I treat with? Prazipro?

It won't harm them if they don't. It's always best to treat first thing. (I made the mistake of not treating when I first started with puffers) Since puffers are wild caught, they almost always have parasites. They're extremely prone to them.

They are cute!

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

Today I learned that they do not like frozen brine shrimp, lol. They picked at them for a bit and turned up their nose. I guess I'll stick to bloodworms and snails.

I'll start a treatment for parasites in the next few days. I'm just always hesitant to use medications preemptively.

Back
Top Bottom