Eggy's fish and tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big momma wants buddies
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452056283.925383.jpg
Cute little babykins. Sorry for the bad quality pics my phone stinks compared to my camera
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452056345.682460.jpg

My big mamma has been alone for years just with the albino corys. I've debated getting her some friends but then I'd have to get another tank etc and she's kinda old anyway. The fry are adorable!

Brenna

Thanks Bren :)
Any suggestions on medication route?
I do have gen cure...forget offhand what the ingredients are but I do believe it has prazi and metro so could give that a go

Thanks Bren :)
Any suggestions on medication route?
I do have gen cure...forget offhand what the ingredients are but I do believe it has prazi and metro so could give that a go
I'm no med guru. Ask Coralbandit. My expensive text doesn't cover everything unfortunately. Sounds like general cure would be a good start.

Brenna

Went ahead with the gen cure, fish have perked up a bit today. I also bought a tetra submersible heater while I was out so I put that in to replace the old screw on.
I've been experimenting with distilled water in my cory tank. Ph of the DI tests around 6. I've been draining, then adding back one gallon at a time periodically. I'm at around 30% DI water with 2 IAL and the ph is now measuring 7.6 (so .4 drop over a few weeks)
I admittedly have not yet gotten hardness test kits or anything to measure tds so I don't want to push too hard. I'm guessing my water is crazy hard to only come down that much.
Lost one of the Habrosus in the temp QT as I suspected I might. Everyone else looks good so I figure I'll wait til the end of the month to move them over. Gonna see if I can maybe get more at some point.
No other news, just working on moving out stock for now so I can break down some tanks. Black neons went to Brooksie and royal farlowella is going out to gillie tomorrow. After that I think I'm done shipping stuff for a while.

Are habrosus hard for you to get there? I'm going to the breeder's on Saturday. I could make an order for you. He only scoops them out when he does a water change since the tank is really deep. Lol

Brenna

I've only ever gotten then when they tried to order Pygmy cories and got those by mistake. Haven't seen them since. I really appreciate the offer! I'm going to hold off on any new fish for now cause all of my QT space is pretty full. After the auction on the 17th I may be open to more but depends on what I end up gettin rid of. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the offer!

Eggheadfish - You have an instagram account for your fish stuff?? :fish2:

Yah lag @paradisewasted

I am no longer shipping fish. Period. It's either completely unreliable or completely unaffordable and either way ridiculous.

Uhh ohhh, gillies in limbo?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nah fish went out but they charged me $99...normal shipping would have been 80 and taken 4 days. Makes no sense. But who in their right mind would pay that much for shipping. I can't ask for that it's not nice. Just saying even if the shipping cost makes sense by the time you factor in the supplies (mostly heat packs) and all that I don't know how anyone makes money or breaks even doing it. Maybe using USPS but I'm not even gonna go there.
Lost power today and now one of my big biowheels is struggling.
One of the brochis didn't make it, pretty glaring hemmorhaging on both sides of the body and the belly. Other fish look ok more active today.
Just aggravated

That's nutzo.. why so much?? Distance?

No idea, the guy working there seemed shocked too. He's good about giving me options but it was crazy no matter what I did this time. Even yours was nuts Brooks I mean I guess I picked a bad day but still you're one state away

Everything next day is nuts, even sending a check next day to one state over is $12. You could probably get away with 2nd day in the future. That'd be far far cheaper.

Next best option was Tuesday and no sooner is what they told me.
Oh well. There will be no next time! Ha

That's crazy! Both WetSpot and Ms Jinkzd ship overnight, I never pay more than $35 for shipping.

The beauty of the EID & tax number.... Get business deals with carriers. There are downsides too, though. Gotra keep track of every penny for mother gubment payments.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey I missed you were having problems with brochis..
Sorry you lost one.
They are in qt ?
I read you treated for ich and then used general cure...
How are they doing?

Back
Top Bottom