El Niño Fern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueramboy87

Aquarium Advice Freak
I picked up this plant at petsmart a few weeks ago thinking it would be pretty cool. Stupid of me. It is really ugly and now is starting to get this fuzz on it. Anyone know about this plant or fuzz??? Thanks

Yeah, I got tricked into buying one at Petsmart as well and returned it. Its in the tube right? Its not fully aquatic. So its decaying in your tank.

Yep from the tube. Not necessarily decaying, just really ugly and looks the same as when I got it a few weeks ago.

Some Bolbitis grow fine in tanks. From what I understand the ones that are grown emersed have problems converting to being underwater.

If they're grown submersed they may be just fine. I had a couple of different kinds of Bolbitis, but I believe the submerged growth looks different than the Emersed growth.

The El Niño Fern is apparently as was said, NOT a true aquatic.

There are 2 or 3 Bolbitis species in the hobby.
http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Plant, Bolbitis.htm

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24941

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well turns out it was rotting so I just took it out. Kinda pissed I wasted ten bucks on it.....
Thanks for the help though!!!!!

Try exchanging it. I accidentally grabbed a terrarium instead of an aquatic and they exchanged it for me no problem

The tubes will say on them for aquarium or terrarium. I know they put them in the same display which is kinda annoying. When I grabbed the wrong one there were two rows of sword 3 deep. I assumed they were all swords and I just grabbed 4 quickly since the baby was having a melt down. Nope. The whole row wasn't swords. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I just got a package of a whole lot of plants so I don't plan to get any from petsmart any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom