Evans 20 Gallon Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Clownfish should be in 20g and YWG should be in 30g. If you bought them really small your tank and the fish will probably be fine for a little while. Once they each reach 2" It would be best to upgrade to a bigger size tank. It's not that they won't survive in smaller tank more than what's "right" for your fish. And what's "right" is really up to you. I personally couldn't imagine an full sized clown in a 10g.

It's like trying to have a big breed active dog living in an apartment. It'll survive but doesn't mean that's an adequate environment for it. And you can at least walk dogs :p

Just sharing my thoughts :)

With the YWG being paired with the pistol, it probably doesn't do a whole lot of swimming around anyways-I know mine doesn't. Mine barely even leaves the burrow. So it being in a 12g should be fine IMO.

Yeah my goby seems to be happy with the pistol! Never leaves the burrow as well!

The way I look at it, I feel it's better putting a clownifsh in a 12 gallon tank in its natural habitat, with corals and everything etc. rather than a 20 with a little Live rock or something like that and no coral! I care more about it being in its natural environment! That's my thoughts anyways!

Man, I think my tank actually looks amazing! For a 12 gallon anyways! Will post pics once everything is opened up nicely!

Hey man. Can you make a list of everything you have for your tank, not your livestock, just your hardware and set-up equipment for the tank! Thanks in advance!

Hey man. Can you make a list of everything you have for your tank, not your livestock, just your hardware and set-up equipment for the tank! Thanks in advance!

Yeah! It's a really basic setup! Just a basic aqueon starter kit 12 gallon I got off Craigslist! 40$ a maxijet powerhead (don't recommend, hydor koralias much better) ... Odysea 24" t5 HO lights! (60-80$) A media for the filter which I don't remember the name of... And a basic heater! Very simple setup! :)

Happy new year everyone! Picked up 2 corals today! A big flower pot coral and a semi damaged welso! I rearranged the tank as well a bit! Will take a post pics when everyone (livestock) finished hating me!

So here are some pictures of the tank! Did a little changing around of things, and got a hydor koralia nano powerhead today! Boy is the flow 100% different than maxijet!

The Goni (Flowerpot Coral) hasnt quite opened up yet! I cant wait to see it when its fully opened! Also, I actually edited these pictures in photoshop and all. Im surprised I haven't done this yet haha

img_2264455_0_247a843ccc444527b342bbd0d01664c3.jpg

img_2264455_1_9d03a66b2c9bbf4b531db218355f84bb.jpg

img_2264455_2_77951eef799c191ce7a4fd3f588e32a5.jpg

img_2264455_3_ae20dd6c3eb66959bcfcdcfd49abef59.jpg

img_2264455_4_4cca4d2f9ccf5985fe352461e05409f5.jpg

img_2264455_5_59eaea8353c9523de214944994e90a81.jpg

It looks so great! I have a green goni just like yours and it's massive. Once yours opens up I'm sure it will be touching the hammer. Mine didn't open right away, but once I turned off one of the powerheads, it did. They like low flow.

It looks so great! I have a green goni just like yours and it's massive. Once yours opens up I'm sure it will be touching the hammer. Mine didn't open right away, but once I turned off one of the powerheads, it did. They like low flow.

Yeah, I'm waiting for it to open! I'm ready to move things around if it is touching! :) it's in a low flow area so hopefully it opens soon!

So I was curios about my volume of my tank! I put the dimensions in a volume calculator! It is actually 15 gallons! Who would of thought haha

Just got a 10 and 20 gallon tank with filter, Heater and light for 25$! I was thinking of transferring over stuff from my 12 to the 20! How would I go about doing this?

Just got a 10 and 20 gallon tank with filter, Heater and light for 25$! I was thinking of transferring over stuff from my 12 to the 20! How would I go about doing this?

When I went from my 5gal to my 10gal I set up the 10 gallon where I wanted it, put new sand in it (cause I wanted to- don't know if I needed to) moved the rock, filled with water that was in the 5 gal tank, added more water and that was it. Since you have fish, obviously you will want to move them once there is enough water in the new tank and before you take all the water in the old tank. I wouldn't have the rock and coral out of the water for longer than 2-5 minutes. If you are going to use new filters on the new tank make sure that if you have any filter media in the old filters that you put some of the old media in the new filters to seed the new material. Have some extra water available in case you need to do a pwc in a day or 2 since you may get a spike.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom