Evans 20 Gallon Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It says on the bottle that it does, but I was just wondering if it'd be okay to use! I guess il just have to keep up on the twice a day water changes

It says on the bottle that it does, but I was just wondering if it'd be okay to use! I guess il just have to keep up on the twice a day water changes

I have a bottle of prime I have used in both my freshwater and saltwater tanks. Just regular old prime. Nothing died in my saltwater tank from using it.

But keep testing and doing water changes as needed of course. Don't just use it and assume its going to take care of all the ammonia etc.

Oh that sucks! Hopefully all your corals are fine! After this cycle, you probably won't regret upgrading.

You could try Nutrafin cycle, Seachem Stability, or a large water change using distilled water premixed and aerated to replace what was removed. Make sure you have adequate flow and lighting and you sound like you're doing great!! So happy for ya!!

A little good news, ammonia has dropped to 0 for now! I'm guessing my other levels are doing okay as we'll! I've done 3 5gal. Water changes in the past 15 hours and I'm going to do another later tonight!

Also, pistol Pete is alive and well!! So the only casualties were the cleaner and peppermint shrimp.

Most of my corals are doing okay, my torch coral is still closed up! Anyone know I they're sensitive to changes and all?

A little good news, ammonia has dropped to 0 for now! I'm guessing my other levels are doing okay as we'll! I've done 3 5gal. Water changes in the past 15 hours and I'm going to do another later tonight!

Also, pistol Pete is alive and well!! So the only casualties were the cleaner and peppermint shrimp.

Most of my corals are doing okay, my torch coral is still closed up! Anyone know I they're sensitive to changes and all?

How's the tank doing? I imagine the torch would be sensitive so it's probably a little ticked off about the move. I think it should come back around though.

How's the tank doing? I imagine the torch would be sensitive so it's probably a little ticked off about the move. I think it should come back around though.

It's been doing well thanks :) I've been doing twice daily water changes! Corals looking great! Fish doing well! :) I'm happy! I'm going through salt like crazy though haha

So I think my pistol shrimp is dying :( he's been laying by this hole upside down! :( I hope this tank finally stabilizes soon! I'm tired of things dying

He's not molting... He's just sitting there :( he's alive, but probably not doing well! I only have tests for ammonia and thats okay. I've been doing a ton of water changes! But I've been using water from the machines outside Ralph's. I cant afford to drive 30 miles there and back for 10 gallons of ro water everyday! So it's my only option :(

He's not molting... He's just sitting there :( he's alive, but probably not doing well! I only have tests for ammonia and thats okay. I've been doing a ton of water changes! But I've been using water from the machines outside Ralph's. I cant afford to drive 30 miles there and back for 10 gallons of ro water everyday! So it's my only option :(

I guess just keep doing the pwcs and hope he pulls through. I think the water from the machines should be ok. I use the water from the machine at yokes instead of RODI. You may be having a spike in nitrite. Just keep up those pwcs!

That's a relief! How is the shrimp you were worried about?

I haven't seen him in a few days... I hope he's okay!

Also, 2 o my corals got knocked over when I was away and are damaged... Will they recover? It was my torch and mushroom

Back
Top Bottom