Exotic's new 10g high build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried to explain the nitrogen cycle to my teacher and she said she already knew and said that fish wont be harmed by more than 5ppm of nitrite...

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

I tried to explain the nitrogen cycle to my teacher and she said she already knew and said that fish wont be harmed by more than 5ppm of nitrite...

You need to bring her some peer-reviewed literature. Go above her academic head ;) I'm going to go work on that right now!

Spoken like a real academic sir!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I PM'd him some papers I found. The best thing I found was a paper looking at mortality in a hardy amazonian aquaculture species at different levels of nitrite. After 4 days, mortality was 20% between .5 and 1ppm nitrite. At 2.8ppm, it was 60% and above 5ppm it was 100%. This was after just 4 days.

Yes well I hope she will give a listen because she is obviously a bit misinformed and once again doesn't see that fish have value as living things. She probably declaw cats too !

Thanks sini! It's funny how she doesnt care about the fish at all but treats the classroom hamster like a god. Def my least favorite teacher >.<

Thanks sini! It's funny how she doesnt care about the fish at all but treats the classroom hamster like a god. Def my least favorite teacher >.<

Sadly, those people are everywhere. Here I am at one of the top 3 marine science programs in the country and one of the grad students doesn't even dechlorinate the water for water changes for a zebrafish project. The guy in charge of the zebrafish hatchery for the whole university (yeah we have one of those) has 4" clown loaches in a 20 gallon tank on his desk. I could go on.... At least my advisor/favorite professor is a good fishkeeper and major advocate for ethical use of fish in science.

Nothing wrong with that. I love to see young keepers in the hobby. By the time I was 19 I had a guppy business that made $2,000 yearly just sitting there(16 tank operation). I sold the whole lot for nearly $5000.00 in 2013.....

I got a comment on Instagram today.

Exotic told me he got booted off AA because of his age. Understandable it's in the rules, but that is why he has not answered.

Caleb

It is? How old do you have to be to have an account here?

I got an email sayin the same. Sadness... He was a good kid.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow. I always use this app on my phone and I haven't looked at rules in a few years. They're cracking down. I got a little note about saying I'm following a thread without posting anything relevant to the thread.

Back
Top Bottom