Failure :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Andy, I came to this site to find people like you! People who were willing to help me succeed at what I'm doing. Although not a business I want to learn as much as I can.
I suppose my mouth or comments seem to make some think otherwise. This is not the case, I do have issues with people who seem to want help yet know it all, as I said I do not believe much of what the OP has said. I do lack knowledge and experience but not common sense, when they added putting angels to this I was wowed. I will but out now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
No arguments here :flowers: As you guys have said, a nice clear pic would end this whole discussion. I just try to see a bigger picture. It's been my experience that what the OP is trying to do CAN happen. It just doesn't happen often and with every fish. Angels and Bettas, sure they can mix. In fact, if I get back to breeding Bettas, I will be growing out some in with my Angels. There are just a number of variables that need to be dealt with to make that work. (y)

Just an FYI: if you can get hold of the book " Handbook of Tropical Aquarium Fishes" by Drs. Axelrod and Schultz, it contains a rather lengthy description of the history of Bettas. Page 533 begins "For several hundred years the fish has been used locally for sporting purposes, and for more than 100 years, it has been domesticated and cultivated. Cultivation has increased the size, improved the colors and enhanced the fighting qualities."
So there is no speculation or opinion on what the fish was used for. It's main reason for cultivation was for sport fighting. Agree or disagree all you want, these are the facts. ( And what I came here to AA to help expose others to... the facts. :) )(y)

On a side note, Notice my new Avatar??? :D

For the record, wild betta in their natural habitat will claim and defend a territory of about one square meter, or 250+ gallons of space. The fact that you've got three in <50 is pretty amazing to me. That said, I probably wouldn't recommend it be replicated, as you've probably struck a unique balance with a combination of lots of structure and bettas with accommodating personalities. I can't help but think that something could set them off (a decline in conditions, a change in structure arrangement, introduction of a new fish) and war erupt.

Pretty nifty tank otherwise. Agree with more pics :p

I'll take a picture tomorrow when they eat together. Happy? My goodness. I'm not the first person who had this work by the way.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I don't doubt that, and I doubt you'll be the last. The problem is that for every success, there are many more failures that end very poorly, which is why we would advocate against this as a general rule.

I'll take a picture tomorrow when they eat together. Happy? My goodness. I'm not the first person who had this work by the way.

Can't wait! I havnt seen many cases where this did work. I've been scouring you tube..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Me either Brooksie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a few vids today actually.. 2 males in one horribly decorated tank.. one looked great..the other looked like sub. Dom.. depression... commentary was the same.. proud and ignorant.

Happy? All 3 are there. The blue one is in front of the powerhead so you can't see him well

Attachments

• 1418340743397.jpg
    1418340743397.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 105
Looks..... great... i see 2.. one upper right looks pretty sad...

Here's the one you can't see

Sent from my D6708 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1418341951446.jpg
    1418341951446.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 90
Here's the red one you said looked sad

Sent from my D6708 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1418342492183.jpg
    1418342492183.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 91
I'll see myslef out... i have one more thing to say but I feel I've said enough.

Love the green crown tail, but the red one does look a little off

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

I'll see myslef out... i have one more thing to say but I feel I've said enough.

I'm very curious what the 1 more thing would be BROOKSTER123? I too have much more to say but feel at this point I better keep my blunt, and honest thoughts and opinions to myself at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom