First fish finally but new question as well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that's not necessarily true Bribo. just have to be a bit more careful when talking about smaller tanks (40,55,etc). I have a gold-stripe maroon and a snowflake in my 125, granted it was a nightmare to get them to coexist but they are perfectly fine now. (now im working on getting a yellow tang and purple tang to coexist). to the OP, idk what size tank you have but keep in mind that the Maroons, esp the gold stripes, are one of the biggest and most aggressive clowns available, if you are going to do 2 clowns, make sure they are introduced together. also the engineer goby WILL reach 8-10" in length so be prepared. they are an amazing goby but they look and act more like an eel.

that's not necessarily true Bribo. just have to be a bit more careful when talking about smaller tanks (40,55,etc). I have a gold-stripe maroon and a snowflake in my 125, granted it was a nightmare to get them to coexist but they are perfectly fine now. (now im working on getting a yellow tang and purple tang to coexist). to the OP, idk what size tank you have but keep in mind that the Maroons, esp the gold stripes, are one of the biggest and most aggressive clowns available, if you are going to do 2 clowns, make sure they are introduced together. also the engineer goby WILL reach 8-10" in length so be prepared. they are an amazing goby but they look and act more like an eel.

It can work but in a 25-40 gallon tank like the op wants I wouldn't attempt it. A 125 is huge compared to those tanks and it can work in that

I couldn't seem to remember the specific tank size that the OP was aiming for. but I cand ef agree that the intended tank size plays a big role in what clowns can coexist.

Oh you have no idea the it wanted to get an eel but I can't to big for the tank so the engineer goby will be a great replacement I'm excited for that one as far as the tank goes it's a 37 gallon so I am going to my LFS this weekend so I will check maybe I will do mochas and black ocellaris clowns idk I will have to figure that out though one other thing they said that my hermit crabs will "seed" my rock if they had algae on their shell which one does (purple coralline on the shell) how long does it take to "seed the rock"

As was said, if you add different clowns in a 35 g, be ready for issues. Even if they kinda get along, you are adding the stress element to the environment. I kinda see it as a hostile work environment. Nobody is killing anybody, but everyone is always on edge, which is not healthy.

I also would not recommend adding and engineer goby to a 35g or at least plan on rehoming it down the road. I had one that was about a foot long. I can't imagine that in a smaller tank.

Coralline needs good parameters, lighting etc. It would be tough to predict how long a tiny amount on a shell would take to seed a tank. A lot of LFS sell small pieces of live rock covered with coralline for around a buck. I would look into getting some of that.

As for costs for special ordering...I've never heard of a LFS doing that. Every one I've ever been to will just charge whatever they would have normally charged if they had bought it. It does not cost them anything more to order it, if their supplier has it in stock. If it's something rare and they have to find a supplier, I could see them adding the cost to you. Normally, they just add it to their list with everything else. Some stores will ask for a deposit, which is fine.

Haha water is great my fish store checked it added my first fish at first I thought today he had ich but my sand is super fine and some of it was sticking to him luckily here's a pic I know it's funny looking but I like him his name is TigerImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391491982.752706.jpg

I'm surprised nobody has touched on this yet.. but you can only put 2 clowns per tank. Two will pair up and kill the others. Getting them of the same breed is preferrable. Two ocellaris clowns of different color morphs will work together nicely.

Ok he's not a clown though well kinda he's a clown goby what do u think

I have a citron goby too, I love mine! We call him dopey goby. lol

Mine will perch on the side of the glass and just check me out, he's quite a little character.

Good luck, glad you got a not so usual goby! Thats the exact reason why I got mine, so it would be a little different than every other tank.

Ya haha he's funny he knows when it's meal time too it's also cool when I turn the night lights on and his stripes glow haha

Hey Carey you said that you have a clown goby is it natural for him to go near the top of the water and stay there because he's been doing that a lot today not a lot but like 6-8 times

Hows the clown goby? or are you talking about the citron? Both of mine dont really go to the top too often, byut dopey goby will perch on my magfloat at the top of the tank or the frag rack when its in there. lol As long as they are not gasping for air at the surface he's just being weird probably. :) lol

Ok cool no he just goes up there every now and then he's doing great here's a pic ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391869365.155647.jpg

Back
Top Bottom