First tank-current

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amen to above. Always research for yourself. Even what we say. None of us know everything (even so, more than most at the LFS) and even though we try and give the best advice we can, we are wrong at times also. I know I am. But it's still so great that we are learning together as well as alone. OS.

Your in great hands here David! Just skimmed through here so forgive me if I am repeating info. Tetra water conditioner is not really the best. I started with that and after testing my tap having used the tetra I threw it right out the window and got some prime, unless you have some great tap water tetra won't touch it. Heh I think I can see it poking up out of the snow actually.. Good luck:)

Ok, in a probably futile attempt to prevent the recurring argument that is obviously about to take place, I'll say this:

- Testing a tank while cycling, especially fish in cycling, is very important. Hands down. It's not like you are paying $$$ for a good test kit. It's $20 on ebay. Seriously.
- Testing a tank (unplanted) after cycling is really pretty unnecessary. It takes an extra minute per gallon extra you do (IMO) so in tanks under 55 gallons it's better to just do bigger water changes than test often. Unless you have very sensitive fish, or are testing for pH for that reason.

On the other hand, it doesn't really matter anyway. We've gotten that out of the way. Just buy an API master test kit for $20 for cycling, you may not need to use it afterwards but it will be worth it for while cycling.

The OP doesn't need to hear another argument that will invariably end with both sides remaining to proud to listen to the other. There are so many different opinions in this hobby that you really can't convince some people that they are wrong.

OP: No, they didn't die from the current, it was lack of companionship, sickliness, bad parameters, or some combination of the three.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom