Fish scared of me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your ammonia level was most likely caused from your dead fish. sorry you lost him. Imo! This is not badly over stocked. These angels are still very small. Test your water after water change see where your at now that the fish is out.

Could be, except they were dealing with ammonia problems before the fish died. But yes, certainly the dead fish in the tank didn't help things in that department. Looks like one of the smaller ones died? If you still have the larger one too it may start to beat up on the little one remaining now that it doesn't have to split its attention between the two so keep an eye out for that.

I may have lost track over the course of this thread, what is currently left in this tank besides the angels? Or now is it the two angels left and cories?

Regardless, 50% water change with prime now is a good place to start and if you are expecting ammonia to be neutralized by prime you'll need to be doing water changes no more than 24 hours apart which is how long prime can detoxify ammonia.

Experience gained.

Sounded like a one-off as well as I think last fish were several weeks ago.

A water change to freshen water is a good idea, possibly water will be a bit smelly from dead fish.

Going through same process here of re-cycling a canister filter. Luckily I have 500 litres to play with.

Did the OP get any plants? Some low light java fern or something might help.

Experience gained.

Sounded like a one-off as well as I think last fish were several weeks ago.

A water change to freshen water is a good idea, possibly water will be a bit smelly from dead fish.

Going through same process here of re-cycling a canister filter. Luckily I have 500 litres to play with.

Did the OP get any plants? Some low light java fern or something might help.
Did the water change all things look good right now

I was wondering what would you be better off doing money and time wise getting water from the tap and cycling it that way or getting water from a brooke and using different medications to kill off anything bad so basically from start to finish or from finished to safe and healthy (not gonna do it just wondering)

Water from a brook wouldn't be cycled per se. Beneficial bacteria grows on things and very little if any would be in the water. Besides if you then have to medicate it to make it safe for the tank the expense of doing that would negate any savings and kill of the little bacteria your are trying to add to the tank.
Also back to some of your previous post run both filters! get a few bags of bio balls or ceramic rings and toss those in the back behind the filter pads. This will add more space for more bacteria to grow and improve your bb filtering capacity.

I know I should run both filters but this one is doing good by itself the ammonia is staying low almost completely gone and I only have to do water changes once in a while so that's good but after the one angelfish died I have been looking closer to the other angelfish and I noticed this little guy is real torn up and I have to put food near him for him to go to it today I put him in a breeder box and get him in there should I leave him in there and watch him or let him roam around the tank1520627056011.jpg
I put him there to eat

I know I should run both filters but this one is doing good by itself the ammonia is staying low almost completely gone and I only have to do water changes once in a while so that's good but after the one angelfish died I have been looking closer to the other angelfish and I noticed this little guy is real torn up and I have to put food near him for him to go to it today I put him in a breeder box and get him in there should I leave him in there and watch him or let him roam around the tankView attachment 307691
If it's a cartridge filter buy replacement media for an aqua clear 50/70 and modify the filter so when you change a cartridge you don't throw away your beneficial bacteria.

If it's a cartridge filter buy replacement media for an aqua clear 50/70 and modify the filter so when you change a cartridge you don't throw away your beneficial bacteria.
I've been looking into that never saw it at the store though but should I leave him in there or not

I've been looking into that never saw it at the store though but should I leave him in there or not
Amazon for the media, of he's been beat up you need to isolate him till he heals, I would say hospital tank but you don't have one established i would actually make a floating crib so he has more room, if you have 2 males and a female one of the males gonna get beat up, you should be doing water changes every week as you have a big bioload with a not so good filter, you should cut your lid and run both filters which doubles your beneficial bacteria space to grow on.

They also sell replacement media at petsmart but it's double what it is on Amazon
Aquaclear 50-Gallon Biomax https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000A7BCG4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_yc0OAbB81PWZ9

CNZÂ 50pcs Black Aquarium Fish Tank Filter Bio-balls Filtration Media, 1-inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F11B6ME/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ud0OAbTEMK6F5

They both do the same thing I don't know what's better ceramics or bioballs

Another one died must have been today and the other black one isn't eating so I separated him is there a Lind because both of the fish that died had white eyeballs the amon8a is at .50 and I just did a water change first one in a while help please1520797136378.jpg

This black fish still won't eat flakes betta pellets or catfish discs what's happening the ammonia isn't the problem it was at 0 today and his fins aren't getting better either

There's something definitely going on with your tank, maybe some sort of a infection, fins take a while to heal, try soaking the food in homemade garlic oil or get a bottle of garlic guard.

There's something definitely going on with your tank, maybe some sort of a infection, fins take a while to heal, try soaking the food in homemade garlic oil or get a bottle of garlic guard.
I'll see what I got. I heard every once in a while you should fast them for a week or so is good for them now?

I'll see what I got. I heard every once in a while you should fast them for a week or so is good for them now?
No not right now, you want a sick fish to eat, when they don't eat you know it's grim, and you never fast for a week, they "CAN" go without food for a week, but that's neglect in my opinion, I do fast my fish once a week for 24 hours

Back
Top Bottom