Fish without food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fish can usually go for up to a week without food. In fact if they're wild-caught fish, they probably went that long without food just between being collected and being shipped to the fish store.

Left my 3 tanks for a 9day vacation to Las Vegas- asked my dad to watch after them while i was gone, but he only took care of my guinea pig and spaced on my tanks!! ::facepalm::

came back and my fish were completely fine! After my mini heart attack i figured they ate some of the algae in the tanks. Another plus to the restricted feeding was that my planeria problem got fixed in my one 10g. So....yea 2 days is definitely okay :)

Left my 3 tanks for a 9day vacation to Las Vegas- asked my dad to watch after them while i was gone, but he only took care of my guinea pig and spaced on my tanks!! ::facepalm::

came back and my fish were completely fine! After my mini heart attack i figured they ate some of the algae in the tanks. Another plus to the restricted feeding was that my planeria problem got fixed in my one 10g. So....yea 2 days is definitely okay :)

Aint it funny how much we sometimes worry about little fish??

Hello bMar...

Aquarium fish can easily go two weeks without food. Just feed a little more for a few days before you leave and they'll be fine while you're gone.

B

Back
Top Bottom