Freak's 120 gallon Uaru and crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big changes coming...

Working on moving with my gf to our new house on Tuesday. Just dropped a c note on 2 Rubbermaid trash cans (with wheels!), 5 five gallon buckets, and a torque wrench set to help get my bed apart lol the big Rubbermaid will be full of my current tank water, to help reduce shock to the best of my ability. The buckets are for the fish. I'm trying to find a cheap 40 breeder to transfer the 20l tanganyikan and 10 gallon tang tanks directly into (adding the sumbu white dwarves in with my multis, goby, and cats. Still not sure what to do with my loner ocellatus, will probably just sell him). Oh man, moving the 120 is going to be nerve wracking....

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh man.. moving tanks sucks bro. I had the new tanks fully cycled and running. Netting the fish was a task but moving them wasn't bad. I carried the 20l down 3 flights in tact! Never again... hire some day laborers for a few hours to.move the heavy stuff?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Got some help, so we should be ok, and it's a first floor apartment to a house, so it shouldn't be THAT bad, still not looking forward to it

Tanks are moved, and might I say, I hurt badly today from doing. Lost most of my multi fry unfortunately and had to throw my sumbus and ocellatus in with my multis, as their water was becoming dangerously cold and knew they would die if I didn't, knock on wood on that. The two biggest tanks, the 120 and 75 are filled, but my 120's heater seem to not be working, nor the 75. Both tanks ar below 70 degrees still, from overnight. Gonna try and stop by pet smart and grab a few cheapies unfortunately I work today, but all the fish are in buckets with heaters and aerators, so knock on wood

Man.. that's a pain huh? Hope they all pull through for ya freak!

That sucks man! I've moved tanks once and that's not something I want to do again anytime soon, especially with the built in overflows since the tank needs to be perfectly level for them to operate properly.

Hopefully they all pull through!

Thanks guys! It was a super rushed process that I tried to plan for but really didn't do it as well as I could.

The only loss so far is a female multifasciatus, which sucks...I'm now at a 4:1 m/f ratio which is obviously less than ideal. The sumbus are cruising through the rock work, but the goby seems to not be a huge fan of them. Once I find a 40 breeder, their tank will be upgraded.

The uaru and company, as well as guianacara and co are in 5 gallon buckets with heaters and aerators. Went out to grab some new heaters, and they only had a 300, 200, and 150 W aqeon left, so I grabbed all those, put the larger two in the 120 and added the 150W to the 75 to help the heater in there now (fluval I believe).

Hopefully I can finish aqua scaling after I get off work tonight at 11, and have the fish in by 12 or 1am

So does this mean you have a fish cave now?!?!

Lol sort of. They're mostly in the basement (the 120 is right when you walk in the door.) but the being of our basement is 5'10". There's a drop when the duct work is, nailed my head hard on it last night. I tore down one tank, so I think that opens me up for more, right? Lol

Everyone is in their own tank now, the uaru have me absolutely stressed. They're not adjusting nearly as well to the new tank water and stuff as everyone else. The first one in kept laying on his/her side and I was freaking out. Finally righted itself but they're definitely being slow to recover as the sterbai bounce off them and do laps around the tank lol I did unfortunately lose a lemon tetra, as well as my biggest guianacara cf daycra, which has me really bummed

Sorry to hear all the stress with the move. I hope they all look better this morning.

Sorry for the fish you lost :( Glad everything else went well.

As fro tanks, a good ratio of torn down tanks to setting up new ones is 1:5, always worked for me :lol:

All the uaru, crenicara, and apistos have made it! 7 of the 8 guiancacara made it too, which is great

Good news man! You keep guiancacara with the uaru and crew?

They're in their own 75, which is in the basement. It's a bad attempt at being planted lol

How are the Uaru doing this morning? I cleaned all my fake plants, rocks and wood the other day and the argentea still isn't happy about it. Runs into the corner every time I lift the lid.

They're all doing well, breathing a bit heavy still, but it's getting better. Lost another guianacara though, so I'm down to 6 of those unfortunately. May take the 75 into a different direction and go the wet pet route, but then I'd lose my tank to grow vals in lol

Well the heaters on the 120 failed. Tank was at 90+. Luckily only lost a Cory

Back
Top Bottom