GBRs and EBRs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lololololol, I just realized the gallons we used here is US gallons... Which is less than 4 liters. I'm using my gallon which is 16 liters each, so the 10 gallons tank should be around 160 liters.

Is it really that small for that many fish, Poppa?

Absolutely. A 10g is nothing in the fish world.

Caleb

You should bring back your fish before they either die from nitrate poisoning, killed by aggression from other fish, or poor health due to stunting

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Yea, actually I'm not the one with stocking problem. I do research before I buy fish. You should tell that to my father who just buy anything he likes in the store xD.

It's like, whenever I go to the store with him, I was buying some rocks or plants and stuff, but his eyes just stick to those fishes... And he usually end up buying more than 1 species at a time....

I'll record my tank now and share it here... I need some advice on how to group them and advice on how much tank should I have....

Not you are a stocking problem as well. This is soo bad I have no idea where to start. Terrible idea of stocking.

Tell your dad that only one shark can be in a tank. They hate their own kind. That's all I'm even saying here.

On the yellow labs,
1) both sexes are relatively aggressive
2) at that size they cannot be sexed so there is no way you separated to all females

GBR are delicate but territorial fish that can by no means be housed with aggressive Africans or Coldwater goldfish.

Goldfish need cold water and get huge, regardless of tank size as has been covered though you can cruelly stunt them which is both unethical and unnecessary.

Koi are mammoths who have no place in a fish tank. Period. Get a pond.

This is a poor poor choice of stocking, then to insinuate that you do research??? Apparently not.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not you are a stocking problem as well. This is soo bad I have no idea where to start. Terrible idea of stocking.

Tell your dad that only one shark can be in a tank. They hate their own kind. That's all I'm even saying here.

On the yellow labs,
1) both sexes are relatively aggressive
2) at that size they cannot be sexed so there is no way you separated to all females

GBR are delicate but territorial fish that can by no means be housed with aggressive Africans or Coldwater goldfish.

Goldfish need cold water and get huge, regardless of tank size as has been covered though you can cruelly stunt them which is both unethical and unnecessary.

Koi are mammoths who have no place in a fish tank. Period. Get a pond.

This is a poor poor choice of stocking, then to insinuate that you do research??? Apparently not.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

#I moved the yellow labs to a huge bucket (for now....). As well as my GBRs.

#Okay I'll move my other sharks. But they seem fine for now (for now....). But I can do that xD.

#What is stunt?

#A pond (actually I'm planning to get a huge tub first for now, since I have no lawn for pond) is underway.

#I did research, my father didn't..... And most of the fishes are from my father who bought them on sight. So he has no plans or any infos about the fishes he bought lol.

#I use 5 chambers of filter. Bio balls, this thing (not sure what's it called) https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/z4JekmnGSiHxjLubBu0bFFtU7rBNa7kOYGxMujQTsVJjCZoCDWv59ce9qWPGKFMYyxTH=s127, and zeolites, and sponges.

But still need help on arranging this filter....

And my biggest problem lies with the money and time to get another media for the fishes that I wanted to buy.....

The only research that I didn't do, is the size of tank required.... And tank mates....

That should have been research priority #1

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea my bad, I only searched the tank mates for the angelfish and the ones my father bought are not in my list. So he wasted money and risking the lives of the fishes.

And the one who has to take care of them is me.... He only buys them without taking the responsibility of taking care of them....

Btw, did you check out that link on my post?? I don't know what's that stone called in English, can you help me identify it??

IMO controlling your parents can be difficult if even possible??
I would guess you are doing well under the circumstances ,
but your tanks ....not so well...
Maybe you could ask your Dad if just one tank could be only yours and he would not add to if possible??
Either way tread on doing the best you can no matter what he brings home.
Have you told him of the remarks that fish people are making??
Maybe just maybe you could ask him to read this thread if it would not get you in trouble???
Stunt is slow /less then normal growth.
The product in link has many names but is basically ceramic noodles that have a very large surface area for bacteria to live.Like the Bio balls but ceramic not plastic..
Sponge first to filter out large stuff,then chemicals(zeo) then bio media.

Back
Top Bottom