Happy new stocking thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
... As for the halfbeaks, in really liking them! The only concern I have is they are so slim that the anglefish may eat them? They would be added well before the angel, and the angel will be a baby, but still
I have 15 harlequin rasboras in with my angel, who is nearly 3 inches across. The smallest rasboras are about 3/4 to 1" and skinny. My angel never touches them, hasn't even looked at them.

Thank you! I've found about 1000 articles on fishless cycling! I'm gonna pick 5 and print em off, and also ind something in why NOT to do a fish in- the thing in really confused about is how he said not to add zebra danios after my dad asked if we should as em, because they can't survive theese levels. I go, well, in a fish in cycle don't they go through theese levels? He goes, yees but its different.

I could give you an article on why you should do a fish-in cycle, just sayin.

Hey Charlie, a word of advice, take it or leave it, your choice.
If you go into the store looking for a fight, you're going to find it. If you go into the store looking for a discussion and resolution to your problem, you're likely going to find that.
What I mean is, if you go there with the articles, etc and forcefully trying to educate the store personnel, they will put up a brick wall and not hear a single thing you're trying to say.
If you go in with your articles, and speak with the owner, explaining your rationale, backing up your statements with articles (even a book if your local library has one-a lot of older people don't trust ANYTHING from the internet), and carry on a respectful polite conversation (even if they are not respecting you), your case may be made.
If not, you can take your business elsewhere, and only use the gift cards for supplies/food/hardware that you will inevitably need over the long term of this hobby.

Hi there Charlie!

I'm new to this hobby so I honestly cannot give out any advice for the fish side of things, but I can and do agree with what Sambo stated above. ;)

Agreed. I am not planning to fight with the owner. Only show him why I believe fish less is a good method. I will also mentio the emlploye. And thanks for the advice, I will not try to raise a argument, just try to have a discussion about why i did wht I did.

Will do! And sorry to come across like I thought I knew everything and I could tell the lfs what they don't know! Just trying to get some respect their and show them why I think what I do! An the owner is a great guy, so it will go pretty smooth

No worries, you didn't come off on here like you know everything, you were relating the confrontation from your point of view.
Like I said before, let us know how it goes.

Will do! So as fore the cycle. I'm gonna test today, then should I dose the ammonia? If so to 4ppm?

I'm kinda worried now. I tested and the ammonia is .25, the nitrites are 5, and the nitrates are 5. Could the cycle be restarted?
EDIT.
the trites are .25 didn't give time to change color. But still: theese readings are not good.

Ok, waited another minuete and trites are 0! Ammonia is .25 and trates are 10 I think. So I'm sooooo confused in how the guy says my trites are 5!? But I will dose to 4 ppl if yard alright

Dosed to 4 ppm and we will sw what it is in 24 hours, for plants, I'm going to the store on Saturday, not planning in getting fish, but to get plants. I'm planning on Anubis, tiger lotus, java fern, and Mabye onion plant. Moved the lava rock over from dead center to see where the java fern can go in the middle. Plan on removing the fake dwarf hair grass plant and putting the red tiger lotus there and Anubis by the big cave in the front, an onion plant in the back. Sound good?

Attachments

• image-2806642610.jpg
    image-2806642610.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 39
So today after dosing to 4ppm results were nitrates 5(good) nitrites 0 (good) ammonia .25(ok)
So do I dose? If so Mabye to 2ppm?

If you're not adding fish till Saturday or so, yes dose it. You could do 2-4. You aren't planning on fully stocking all at once anyway are you?

I probably won't get fish till next Saturday. So like 12 days or so. I dosed to 4ppm. So now my ph is wierd. I testd 4 times before I dosed and its 6.0 2 times and 7.6 or higher the other 2. After ammonia all 4 were dark blue. So what is up here?

Wait a few hours and test it again. If its really 6, you need to do a water change to restore buffers and get your bb working again. If its really swinging that fast, that could explain your fish deaths. Don't know???

Back
Top Bottom