Happy new stocking thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure. But I think you could add a bit of crushed coral or aragonite in your filter to help stabilize it.

Oh that stabilizes it? I thought it just raises. About a week ago, I ad a steady 6.6. Which I was happy with cuz I'm getting rams . I hope it isn't 7.6

I think you can still do rams at 7.6. For some reason I think I heard pH swings are common in new tanks. Not sure why. But start with jut a small bit of the coral and see how it goes.

After an hour it's the same. But it's darker than the color in the chart. And high range ph is like pink, not an option. Confused

Well I tested the ph at about 7 and I tested 4 times to be sure. 2 times were 6 and the other too like 8

I dosed ammo at like 715 ish, is that what you were asking by where? I guess I just poured it in like a circle pattern on the top of the tank

I'm guessing that the 8ish tests were skewed by the ammo dose. Will be interested in what shows up in the morning.

So am I, I'm hoping a stable 6.6. I'll test tommorrow morning, at 4, and 9 with no ammo and see wht it is. So for stock(lol haven't even been thinking about fish in the fish tank!
I'm for sure on
8 rumynose
1 blue zebra angelfish
2 German rams
4 kuhli loaches or panda Cory's
And then all that's left is the
3 half beaks or 6 cardinals. It really depends in cost if the cardinals. If more than 2 dollers each I'm no willing to pay that much as the rumys are 3 each. And the halfbeaks are 15 for 3. Then Mabye a bn pleco, tho others are saying bottom is over rowed with that

Ammonia is .5, ph is 6.4. Did 4 tests in that. So I think the ammonia made it go up. Trites are 0 trates are 10. So should inside to 2? Did to 4 yesterday.

The 6.4 is still low enough to slow down the bb. I bet that's why you have ammo present. Yeah, try 2ppm and see what happens and how your pH goes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom