journy to sw nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On the bright side you have had nitrate so thatr bacteria should consume the nitrite. You should come home to 0 0 and some trates. thats my guess.

yeah I think you were cycled, and I had a freshwater spike after my friends fish sat for a weekend of 5ppm (note not .5 but 5) so yeah def possible.

On a side note they're 2 yr old daughter loved to watch the guppies eat...

carey said:
On the bright side you have had nitrate so thatr bacteria should consume the nitrite. You should come home to 0 0 and some trates. thats my guess.

i left with 0 everything cause i pwced 8g worth basically the whole tank the snail actually zipped around after it he was closed the whole time before hand

You most likely overfed and theres 100% more bioload in the tank than there was. There will be an adjustment period. I just think the bacteria have to catch up to real life fish waste and food. it's good that you'll be gone til Sunday, you'd be tempted to feed too much! LOL

Seriously, if I thought it was gonna be a bad thing I;d tell ya. Honest.

thanks im suprized how fast the snail came out after that sucker zipped riight out the hermis showd no change the were allways moveing i added 3 only 3 small pellets before i left that wont kill it i hope but 000 when i left what do you thinkk il come home to? and i did prob overfeed like 30pellets in 2 days oops o get excited i sucked out all the old food.

I think you'll come back to maybe some trace levels honestly. Two days isn't enough time I think to build up enough ammonia or trites that it will kill her. It's just gonna be part of your now mini cycle. But when you get home you'll have to be on your toes if she needs a pwc.

i think im in for mini cycle because when o added trites were high (2.0-5.0) ibpwcd then i have 1-2g sw sittin in the bucket for now so when i get home itl be immediately ready

came home fast to piic up stuff found damsel belly up im mad the snail was half closed n hermits fineii had mp time to test or pwc wht went wrong!

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe it was the rise in levels when you first got him? also how did you acclimate him

probably not recommended but i only drip acclimate sensitive inverts, didnt you say that you had a rise in ammonia and nitrite yesterday after you added the fish?

Back
Top Bottom