little bugs on top my floating plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rreekers

Aquarium Advice FINatic
does anyone know what they are?
what should I do?

all the little black dots in the pictures are little bug.. I didn't think they were bugs at first, until I wiped some off onto my finger and looked at them... then instantly freaked out once I saw their 2 little antennas and they started to move....

I've seen these dots previously these floating plans were in another tank I thought it was the pollen from a flowering plant... and the floating plants were taking over the surface area of the tank so I moved them to my 8g betta tank .. I generally just feed him and go. but today I was inspecting the tank and all of a sudden realized the amount of black dots have at least tripled.. that's when I investigated, now I feel like they are crawling all over me..!!!

what should I do?
does anyone know what they could be?
are they a harm to my fish?

ForumRunner_20120414_124827.jpg

ForumRunner_20120414_124843.jpg

Most likely nothing to worry about. Creepy but probably a good snack for fish! lol

GodFan said:
Most likely nothing to worry about. Creepy but probably a good snack for fish! lol

I posted the same question on the planted tank forum ... and I'm a little reassured because others have them too

VERY CREEPY AND GROSS!!!

I'm going to try up my surface movement and try to disturb them

I have these things too, scared me half the death when what I thought was debris jumped at me! I've been trying to drown the little buggers and let the fish eat them, they just freak me out.

Back
Top Bottom