Matt's 18Litre rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattfinn

Aquarium Advice Addict
Title says my intention here, the tank has become neglected since I've started breeding my killis and moved my betta to my main tank till I get a heater for this tank (was fine during summer).

This is the tank now needs a lot of work.

Am planning on using plants I have across all my tanks. Will be dirting the tank as well with a sand cap. Lighting is a desk lamp which I've been testing with plants like limno and lindernia to see if they'll grow and for the two weeks I've had them in there there's been good growth, no co2 meant they didn't grow much but they didn't melt on me which I'm taking as a positive. Going to be using some manzanita I've got lying around too so I think this is going to have a jungle look to it.

Any suggestions on dirt? am wanting to mix a little clay or some form of iron in too bring out the reds in my crypts and the limno.

Flora:
Various crypts I have
Lindernia
Limno A.
Amazon sword
Subwassertang
Ludwigia G
Java moss
Frogbit
Duckweed (once you got it you got it)
Anubias
Thin Val

Thats a lot of plants I know but that's what I have to play with.

Fauna:
Betta
RCS

Will keep updating every week or so.
Thanks for reading :)

This is the drift wood I'm planning on using. Will cut at the mark next to my thumb to fit it in the tank.

Thinking the dw as the focus point with crypts all around the base and subwassertang creeping forward in front of the crypts with the rest of the plants spread around the back. I know the lindernia and limno are kinda a more Dutch look but I'm going to try and make them work here.

Got around to dirting and planting today. Still testing the limno and ludwigia in it hopefully they'll take off.

A little cloudy, bumped the driftwood and it floated up on me and will reposition it once it stays down.

More updates to follow. If the limno doesn't workout then I'll just fill it in with wisteria or lace fern.

Back
Top Bottom