Monster Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pictures! I will be adding my filters tonight and fish tomorrow night. Also all my plants, decor, etc will be going in later today. More pictures later :) so far all my fish seem to be doing fine!

image-1030418350.jpg

image-2053233795.jpg

image-1166342903.jpg

image-3724861017.jpg

image-1938658253.jpg

Excellent looking tank! What filters are you going to use?

1 Aquaclear 110
2 Cascade Canister Filters.
So the 2 Cascades are rated for 150 gallons each and the aquaclear is for 100 I think, so I think that is enough.

The cascades are model 1500 and are rated for up to 200 gallons. So ill have about 500 gallons of filtration with a power head and bubbler.

If it were me I would not use the Cascades. Especially if you are going to keep large fish like you have planned. Worse case you can try them out on the tank and if they aren't cutting it you can upgrade later.

Ok they seem to be running fine right now but I wont have my big fish for a while. Ill post pictures soon.

Added more plants. I will add fish and make my final adjustments to the tank tomorrow. I will be removing the filter in the front of the tank and adding 2 HOB filters tomorrow also. Won't get my monster fish for a while though so the tank will look pretty empty... : / I'll post more pictures tomorrow with fish and hopefully it will be clearer.

image-2451061578.jpg

image-1096340428.jpg

image-1610689736.jpg

image-1449512501.jpg

Phone photos. What's better quality the iPad photos or phone??

ForumRunner_20120929_222911.jpg

ForumRunner_20120929_222844.jpg

What's wrong with the Cascades? Also I vote first set if photos, whichever that is

emerald76 said:
What's wrong with the Cascades? Also I vote first set if photos, whichever that is

I'm keeping both cascades and 1 aquaclear and now that I compared them the Ipad photos look a lot better! Thanks

Nothing is "wrong" with the cascades. But they are only rated at 395gph. With very large very messy fish you want to aim for at least a 10x turnover rate or the tank could become messy. That has been my experience.

Transferred the fish to the the 220! I had 2 more incidents this time but no deaths do far.

New stocking list for my monster tank.
1 Arowana
1 Clown Knife Fish
1 Fire Eel
6 Angel Fish
6 Silver Dollars (instead of a Pacu)
1 BGK
1 Bichir
1 Peacock Bass
2 ID Sharks
1 Eclipse Catfish (instead of a RTC)
1 Pleco

+1 the iridescent shark will fill that tank alone. You need to cut way back on the biggie's imo. ;) anyways nice looking tank and house

Last edited:
I'd scrap the ID's and Peacock bass.. I'd go for more bichirs in place of them. Just my thoughts.

Andrew McFadden said:
+1 the iridescent shark will fill that tank alone. You need to cut way back on the biggie's imo. ;) anyways nice looking tank and house

I have 2 IDs right now and they grow super slowly... ill see how big they get. I've had them for a while now and one is only 2 inches long still.

spoonman said:
I would do 2 FX5's on that system, and ditch the other filters.

Aren't those really expensive? And how many gph do they have?

What would you guys do with a 220 gallon tank centered around an Arowana?

Back
Top Bottom