My first rimless build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, I actually like the size there, does it make a mess when you uproot plants?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The powder looks great and is a dream to plant into. A lot of my dhg was planted into the regular and it was a nightmare getting it to stay.

The only mess ive been getting is detritus that has accumulated on top when pulling plants. If you pull them slowly you can use your finger tips to gently wipe clean the roots of the Amazonia particles.

I got 25 malaysian trumpet snails on order to help with detritus

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The powder vs. regular debacle has really helped me.
I saw that on the provided link and was like "oh hey a sand I bet that's better" and yall basically just confirmed my suspicions.

I have ADA AS (africana) in my 60p. I actually have both regular and power type. It's far from being "powder." The regular is the first layer topped with the powder type. I love the powder type so much more. If this tank was a nano, I'd go 100% powder. So much easier to plant in and looks less like rabbit poop.. LOL

Here's a photo I found online as a visual representation comparing the grades.

http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn421/JadeIceGreen/Untitled-4.png

Last edited:
I have ADA AS (africana) in my 60p. I actually have both regular and power type. It's far from being "powder." The regular is the first layer topped with the powder type. I love the powder type so much more. If this tank was a nano, I'd go 100% powder. So much easier to plant in and looks less like rabbit poop.. LOL

Here's a photo I found online as a visual representation comparing the grades.

http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn421/JadeIceGreen/Untitled-4.png

Totally agree. Extra cost is well worth it

I feel like the normal size would take away from scale look and make everything look awkward sized.

Wooohooooo

Wooohooooo

I stayed off AA and all social media because I was about 30-45 min behind on DVR. Good game. Crazy downfield catch near the end of the game. Even crazier why the hawks did not run it.
On pins and needles with your substrate decision...nice feedback coming in.

I stayed off AA and all social media because I was about 30-45 min behind on DVR. Good game. Crazy downfield catch near the end of the game. Even crazier why the hawks did not run it.
On pins and needles with your substrate decision...nice feedback coming in.

Skipped the commercials? That was crazy, than they played the Rodney Harrison footage:( I'm going with the Amazonia, they emailed me back already with a number to call.

I have Amazonia Multi in one of my 5.5g. Grows plants like crazy.

Work for me!

Man i missed that crazy last decision by the seahawks. Last time i remember the pats had just taken the lead back with 4mins to go. Then i woke up and it was finished :( held out as long as i could.

When do you think you'll get this build going?

Man i missed that crazy last decision by the seahawks. Last time i remember the pats had just taken the lead back with 4mins to go. Then i woke up and it was finished :( held out as long as i could.

When do you think you'll get this build going?

I
Yah, the last 5 min were intense!! Tank is scheduled for the 12th, shortly after..

Just ordered a bag of ada Amazonia power type. I feel so fancy! Fyi.. if possible c ok duct orders through the website;) wouldn't work for me.. what else do I need?!?!
Tank ☆
Filtration☆
Lighting/co2☆
Substrate☆
Plants and fish and shrimp and snails and stuff☆
Hardscape ??

You need a plan and patience and lots of pics ?

Got all that cours!! This time I have nothing but time.. unless the 5.5 springs a leak.. knock on wood!! Seriously though..I'm going to fill this tank, let the substrate leach out and play with hard scapes so you guys have the final say through out;)
Vote time!! I like dw, really only want one sexy piece in here.. stone?? Sk3lly, sieryu stone a must with the Amazonia?

Got all that cours!! This time I have nothing but time.. unless the 5.5 springs a leak.. knock on wood!! Seriously though..I'm going to fill this tank, let the substrate leach out and play with hard scapes so you guys have the final say through out;)
Vote time!! I like dw, really only want one sexy piece in here.. stone?? Sk3lly, sieryu stone a must with the Amazonia?

True sieryu stone will lower pH slightly so is great if you have hard water. The grey of the stone really contrasts nicely against the dark substrate and greens of the plants.

Other nice options are ohko and dragon stones.

Its really hard to suggest scape ideas as its a very individual thing. My best advice is to copy nature. Find a cool nature picture and try to replicate it

I have pretty soft water, my main concern with the brightwell was it's ability to absorb gh/kh resulting in a lower ph. i don't want to drastically affect my co2 input and all that fun stuff. Have you noticed any major difference in parameters?

I have pretty soft water, my main concern with the brightwell was it's ability to absorb gh/kh resulting in a lower ph. i don't want to drastically affect my co2 input and all that fun stuff. Have you noticed any major difference in parameters?

Nothing major at all really. It has allowed me to change from 75%RO/25% tap to 50%/50% and using the same co2 to get a lime green DC. This is handy for me as im wasting less water every water change in making RO and also my tank is getting extra calcium/magnesium from my tap water.

I'm running around 2 bps in the 5.5 now. Same 20 oz. Paintball tank has been going for well over 3 months haha.. i guess i shouldn't get hung up on buffering.. it might be nice to drop ph a bit consistently?? There willll be some space for fancy little Shrimpies... and triton sent me shrimp crack with my fancy plants!

Exactly! Lower pH is perfect for the great looking shrimp.

Id love to have a go at the expensive grade of red crystals but i think my rams would have other ideas!

Exactly! Lower pH is perfect for the great looking shrimp.

Id love to have a go at the expensive grade of red crystals but i think my rams would have other ideas!

That's why you need an ornamental tank man!!!! I'll try some dopey rcs first, havnt had much luck in the past..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom