My first rimless build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This substrate had better be good guys! Costs more than the tank!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Subbed, a bit late to the party but hey its they busiest time of year at work... How many tanks does this make brookster??? Interested to see how you like the aqua soil compared to eco.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Subbed, a bit late to the party but hey its they busiest time of year at work... How many tanks does this make brookster??? Interested to see how you like the aqua soil compared to eco.

This is replacing one so still 4, may try to set up a fry tank behind the scenes.
Group poll time, what would you do?
Brightwell fine-$40 shipped
Ada Amazonia- $45+$34 shipping
Don't want to cheap out but that's a whole lot for shipping. .

Part of me says buck the trend and go with Brightwell. But is it inert? If so, then perhaps you can look at it as a fine grain version of EcoComplete.
I say fork out the dough and try the ADA.

Part of me says buck the trend and go with Brightwell. But is it inert? If so, then perhaps you can look at it as a fine grain version of EcoComplete.
I say fork out the dough and try the ADA.

Don't think its inert? on paper it should offer all the benefits of ada, it also buffers down ph a but so I could keep rcs to sustain my scarlet badis.
than again ada seems to be the front runner in everything I've read.

guess it's only fair... you guys spending my money this time

ADA- at least you can say you tried it, go for the gold buddy.

Haha solid Advice:)

While I've read good things about Brightwell and have a bag of of it still unopened, I can't fully vouch for it since I've yet to try it. But it still seems that AS remains the best in terms of nutrients -- from what I'm reading.

Brook - have you tried looking around locally if anyone is selling AS or can get it for you cheaper? Where did RcGuerra get his?

While I've read good things about Brightwell and have a bag of of it still unopened, I can't fully vouch for it since I've yet to try it. But it still seems that AS remains the best in terms of nutrients -- from what I'm reading.

Brook - have you tried looking around locally if anyone is selling AS or can get it for you cheaper? Where did RcGuerra get his?

I just ordered the brightwell, sorry guys, sorry sk3lly. I can't wrap my head around $35 in shipping?! A med. Flat rate box is $14.. I needed stuff from Dr. Foster anyways.. everything is ordered! I'm going to grab a new heater tonight and go dw shopping tommorow!!! If everything stays on track i could have some pics up for you guys early next week!

That shipping rate is a bit much. $35 can get you some different and interesting plants.
I was reading a dated (2012) thread on TPT about a Brightwell substrate which I believe was discontinued (hindsight, not the same product); hence the inert comment.

That shipping rate is a bit much. $35 can get you some different and interesting plants.
I was reading a dated (2012) thread on TPT about a Brightwell substrate which I believe was discontinued (hindsight, not the same product); hence the inert comment.

It will also be nice to give it a proper field test, I've proven products to be useless crap before... hopefully never again, all in the name of aquarium advice!! I want some aspidoras, they're super mini corys, this is going to be a true nano tank!! Thoughts on sieryu stone?? Brian reccomended it for buffering the substrate, I'd like to possibly try a piece, would it clash terribly with spider wood?

In following all your other threads, might as well sign on to this one as well!

I can't blame you for skipping on the shipping. It's the principal of the thing! Four bags of Flourite black sand were expensive enough for me!

It will also be nice to give it a proper field test, I've proven products to be useless crap before... hopefully never again, all in the name of aquarium advice!! I want some aspidoras, they're super mini corys, this is going to be a true nano tank!! Thoughts on sieryu stone?? Brian reccomended it for buffering the substrate, I'd like to possibly try a piece, would it clash terribly with spider wood?

Don't know what to say about the sieryu stone and spider wood...I am hard scape challenged. Peruse google images and see if that combo appears anywhere.
I saw aspidoras on eggheadfish's thread. Tiny! They make Otos look like plecos.

Did you order the fine or extra fine particle size? I thought fine was the finest, but after looking again, I see there's "extra" fine. Wonder what's similar to powder type?

Did you order the fine or extra fine particle size? I thought fine was the finest, but after looking again, I see there's "extra" fine. Wonder what's similar to powder type?

Got the extra fine, should be very similar to ada powder type. Think I should still lay some osmocote and peabodys clay tabs under the substrate? I like the idea of having the clay down there to retain nutrients. Thoughts? ?

I completely understand your decision but I think you've made the wrong one here mate.

Interesting to see how this bright well stuff does now. I hope it does a solid job

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I completely understand your decision but I think you've made the wrong one here mate.

Interesting to see how this bright well stuff does now. I hope it does a solid job

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Haha, expecting as much.. anything will be better than what I'm using now! I'm holding high hopes here:)

I think brightwell is a solid company. On the 'bright' side (pun intended), you're supporting an American company. Make us proud Brookster... let made in America mean something again ;) haha

I think brightwell is a solid company. On the 'bright' side (pun intended), you're supporting an American company. Make us proud Brookster... let made in America mean something again ;) haha

Yah!!!

Back
Top Bottom