My marbel angle fish laid eggs! Neat.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
methylene blue is only to help keep eggs from fungusing. Lights are up to you, if you leave them on they'll probably eat more often, but I don't know if it makes a huge difference. I've never had a preference either way, sometimes I leave the light on, sometimes I don't.

jetajockey said:
methylene blue is only to help keep eggs from fungusing. Lights are up to you, if you leave them on they'll probably eat more often, but I don't know if it makes a huge difference. I've never had a preference either way, sometimes I leave the light on, sometimes I don't.

Ok cheers. Just thought meth helps gill function and keep any bacteria away.

Thanks again.

Free swimmers today. Just taking flight now. Think I'm looking at a couple of hundred!!!! will post a pic once they are all swimming.

Congrats! I hope you fair better than I have. I think I have 10 left alive at this point. I've been sick or I would have responded sooner.

It looks like they are starting to prep the leaf for another round of eggs and they are getting very territorial again. So maybe I'll have another shot at this shortly.

awww.... well good luck, and it seems to be they do like each other! lol :)

Hoping the angels lay eggs tonight, need something to hold my attention. Doing water changes in the other tanks in mean time. Found another of my clown loaches dead in the discus tank. I think I may try to find some bigger clowns to put in that tank, I'm pretty sure the discus are killing them.

awwww.... that stinks sorry bout the pleco, hopefully they do! good luck Z.

Are you absolutely sure "he" is a male? With all the breeding (and serious in-breeding), along with the selective breeding for finnage, I don't know many breeders even who can 100% positively ID the sex of most angelfish available today until they begin to pair up and actually show signs of being ready to breed.

somethingsfishy said:
Angels are awesome. My male cannot get his part done. Laid three times and nothing. I'm hoping your guy is better at it. Good luck and if it works I'd like a couple. :)

Dang, still no eggs! :banghead: The seven I have left from the other batch are growing and seem healthy. You can already kind of tell what their coloring is going to be even though they are still very tiny.

I've had a few losses but still probably got about 200. Think if they get through weekend i'l be happy. Also my angels havent laid again which is not like them!

Wow really losing my anfel fry. Looks like they not eating. U can tell the ones that are eating as they have big stomachs and growing daily. Think next brood gonna get live food other than decapsulated.

Yeah I tried brine shrimp from eggs but couldn't get enough of them to hatch. I can't find any place that has micro worms either.

Back
Top Bottom