My marbel angle fish laid eggs! Neat.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to jump in this with my eggs. I'm very excited about this batch. I got to watch the process and my male did his part finally. I hope these eggs make it. I wish they would lay eggs on something removable and not the overflow. Oh well.

Attachments

• image-3685119157.jpg
    image-3685119157.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 63
I'm going to jump in this with my eggs. I'm very excited about this batch. I got to watch the process and my male did his part finally. I hope these eggs make it. I wish they would lay eggs on something removable and not the overflow. Oh well.

Cool, we can all go through this and hopefully figure out how to keep these little buggers alive. :)

somethingsfishy said:
I really hope so. My male is my favorite fish and I'd hate for him to have weak junk. Lmao.

Ahahahahahahahah oh man that was great!!!!! :D:D

Something fishy. If u read my posts u will c my cd case fix to get them to lay on soothing removable, it could easily be attached to your overflow for next time. And to zp, I've moved my eggs to fry tank, got some gentle aeration and a few drops of meth blue to keep fungus away, u may wanna do that. Also got my tweezers ready for any White ones!!!

I have a piece of slate but I forgot to put it in there. I would like to move the eggs parents to the sump so they can relax. They are really protective of the eggs. I already have about 50 white eggs. Not looking good so far.

I've had at least 20 white eggs at this point. Going to pick up some meth blue today and a little air pump to get some air flowing in the tank. Will remove the parents and do a WC plus clean the substrate once I get back from the pet store.

I've been looking at the parents and they really took a beating from each other. They are both missing a number of scales near their gill covers and along the sides. They were super aggressive this time around.

Wow..... They are that agressive during breeding? Wow.... So your rasing the eggs alone then?

Wow..... They are that agressive during breeding? Wow.... So your rasing the eggs alone then?

Yes last time I left the parents in there and I think that is part of why I had so many loses. They wouldn't leave the fry alone, kept moving them around. I'm think I may stick the entire plant inside a breeding basket to keep from loosing any in the sand.

Goodluck, i think more will make it. And will the parents be breeding again, since the babies are gone? I mean once the heal nd stuff

I have no doubt they will breed again. They seem to be on a 15-16 day cycle so on or about the 9th of next month they should lay another batch.

Z good idea. I hear they sometimes take a months break during breeding. Sounds like ur need it! I've got my brine shrimp eggs bubbling away now hopefully to hatch Wednesday!!

Z good idea. I hear they sometimes take a months break during breeding. Sounds like ur need it! I've got my brine shrimp eggs bubbling away now hopefully to hatch Wednesday!!

I ordered some micro worm starter stuff from jetajockey. Hoping to have more success with that than I had with hatching brine shrimp.

Lol loving the plant in the net. Thought u might have cut the leaf off. !! Think once the fry start falling of ul be getting rid of everything inside the net. Also u should get some tweezers and pick off the White ones.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom