My new 90g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah they used to have 6ft but they sold out i think mg said they are Redesigning them..

yeah i have a baby due then.. so i guess you have to buy your own... think im gonna upgrade to a 4 light kit next month

ordering 3 36 inch next week..1 for 55 2 for 125 neither planted ..fish only..also going with 48 in led moonlights

sweet... i am thinking of buying just another 2 bulb 48in setup and make my tank planted

with your lights i'm thinkin about buying a 10k t-5 for a deep blue look been playing with the idea..i'm trying to come out cheap here...

with your lights i'm thinkin about buying a 10k t-5 for a deep blue look been playing with the idea..i'm trying to come out cheap here...
are you planted or just going for looks? i have no plants (anymore) in my 150 mbuna tank, i have 2 light fixtures on mine... both t-8. I have a 10,000k bulb in one, and a super actinic bulb in the other. In the evening when i get home, if i want to, i turn on both, but at night, i only turn on the actinic. It works great for a "night light" and is super blue...

i want to do planted but i dont know if its worth another 80 bucks just to have my fish eat the plants lol

but i want powerful too you know...the standard hood lights on my 55 i could replace them but i dont know if its going to be powerful enough to get it the true blue

I had one in one of my "stock" lights on a 55... did great. IMO its not worth wasting a ton of money on lights if you dont need them... you can buy a bulb for $20 that will do the same exact thing

great advice..will no buy new lights then...i'll just get the freakin bulbs...thanks guys....so why are people buying all these expensive lights on fish only tanks??

great...idea....the good lights just make you look like you know what you're doing...I'm building a canopy for my 55 and will be creating supports to hold standard lights...U guys opened my eyes on the lights. And i'm prob going to switch out my mixed fish to one genius.

Update:
Took my giant piece of dw out of my tank due to the fact that it would not stay sunk.. will post new pics shortly

Back
Top Bottom