My New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I checked during feeding and saw nothing that looked like Ich on any of them.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Yeah. Removing excess food with a fish net was fun. Then the danios would come see what I was doing, but if the net got near them they would swim away as fast as those little fins could take them. And that was FAST!

There's not really a better way to get the food out is there? At least not at my house! I didn't realize how much was in that little pinch I gave them until I dropped it in. Tomorrow they're getting about half that.

A normally healthy fish would not get stuck to your intake. So stress/disease is probably what killed him/her.

As far as removing excess food, A.) Don't feed as much :) or B.) gravel vacuum.

Got the new Danio an hour ago, approximately. Now I can't even tell which one is the new one because it is schooling with the others.

Thanks. Will danios breed at a temp of seventy five? Because two of them were circling each other awhile ago, and I think it was male and female. Were they breeding? And if they will, will the parents eat all of the eggs and any fry that actually hatch?

It does sound like a male courting the female. It's possible. I've heard of danios being bred in a tank with java moss. If they do end up breeding you probably won't find the eggs, and you'll just start seeing fry. Not sure if they'll eat it or not though.

-Dylan

They lay in the substrate, so depending on how big the pieces of substrate are, will depend on whether they'll eat them or not.

Normally danios will eat anything they can get their greedy little jaws on, so I figure they probably will eat most of them. Some might survive, but if it's only a couple I should be fine, right? That wouldn't eventually overstock my tank would it?

Homedog98 said:
They lay in the substrate, so depending on how big the pieces of substrate are, will depend on whether they'll eat them or not.

The substrate is normal petsmart gravel size you could say. There are gaps big enough for eggs to fall into shelter.

Here if you want some good info. G on YouTube and type in angelfish breeding, the first video there is by jazzy, click it and then. Press more from, and he'll have breeding the black tetra. Some good information.

-Dylan

Bettababe1011 said:
The substrate is normal petsmart gravel size you could say. There are gaps big enough for eggs to fall into shelter.

Then hopefully you'll be ok. If that 10 gallon QT is available, you might consider moving the two in there, but only if you know for sure.

My mom said there's no room for it, so we are giving it back to her friend. I think I'll just let whatever happens happen. If a couple make it, great, if none do, then I don't have to worry about the overstocking eventually.

Sorry for not updating, but I got some cories about a week ago, week and a half, maybe two weeks. I'm not sure what kind, thy were just labeled as assorted, and are supposed to grow to three inches. I'm still getting pandas, but my mom said we needed some bottom feeders, and it was true. They are doing great though. I'll post some pics and see if you can identify them. I know the pics are bad, but the iPod is all I have to take pics with.

Attachments

• image-1614439234.jpg
    image-1614439234.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 92
  • image-1294789184.jpg
    image-1294789184.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 97
  • image-723259212.jpg
    image-723259212.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 99
Back