My tank finally- YEY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
qwertie said:
tony do you have to have more than one freshwater clam in your tank?? and do crabs annoy them??

I have six clam (see my sig) but I got rid of the crabs long ago because they were too annoying as escape artists. And yes, that driftwood looks great.

well in the shop they keep them together and the betta is fine- actually the bettas look healthy, i asked and they said theyve never seen it happen and it probably wont happen anyway because bettas live near the surface and tetras in the middle.
I like neons and I like bettas and they look like they dont hate eachother in the shop so yes- i am sure.

Crabs are a bad choice for that tank. Both red claw crabs and fiddler crabs need BRACKISH water to survive (they do not live in freshwater). Fiddlers and Red Claw crabs can't be completely submerged either, they have to breath air therfore they need access to land (they only stay near water to keep their gills moist).

Tony, if you didn't have access to land for the crabs, or the water wasn't brackish, then they were trying to get out of the water.

Here are links for fiddler and red claw crabs:
Fiddler- http://pelotes.jea.com/fidcrab.htm
Red claw- http://www.geocities.com/elgecko1989/crab.html

HTH

I like the look of the sand a lot - I've been considering it myself. Perhaps someday I'll try it out. . .

I do agree that your bottom feeders may like to have somewhere to hide - the terra cotta pot you're planning should do fine! :)

Looks good! The tetras will love it! :D

cJw said:
I like the look of the sand a lot - I've been considering it myself. Perhaps someday I'll try it out. . .

I do agree that your bottom feeders may like to have somewhere to hide - the terra cotta pot you're planning should do fine! :)

Looks good! The tetras will love it! :D
cheers!! I chose the sand becausen I thought It looked more natural- and bottom feeders bury into it and hide in it- so extra hiding places. Shrimp and crabs also like sand better because it is easie to find food in.

only a few days 2 go, my plants have holes in them- could there be a thing in there???

Back
Top Bottom