nano fish stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyperson3010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi
I'm thinking about getting a 40 litre aquael tank.
I would like 1 centrepiece fish
A school of tetras/rasboras
Some dwarf corys
And some shrimp
How many of each could I get?
Thanks

I suggest 7 dwarf cories, 6-8 rasboras or tetras (i suggest embers tetras or chili rasboras), 1 small cp fish (like a sparkling gourami), and shrimp have a small bioload, so you can throw in like 10 rcs and watch them go.

Ok, that is something nearish to 8 US gallons. In that space, I suggest dropping the cories. You can still do dwarf shrimp, a school of embers or chili rasbora (or something similar that is petite), and 1 small centerpiece fish like a sparkling gourami or a scarlet badi.
The cp fish I suggested would likely eat shrimplets, but not adult shrimp. If the tank is planted, you should still get some surviving shrimplets that grow up to increase your population.

Ok, that is something nearish to 8 US gallons. In that space, I suggest dropping the cories. You can still do dwarf shrimp, a school of embers or chili rasbora (or something similar that is petite), and 1 small centerpiece fish like a sparkling gourami or a scarlet badi.
The cp fish I suggested would likely eat shrimplets, but not adult shrimp. If the tank is planted, you should still get some surviving shrimplets that grow up to increase your population.

Ok thanks

+1 with the above posts. In the smaller one you could do some killi fish or a betta, too.

Edit

By themselves.

Back
Top Bottom