Native tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyb

Aquarium Advice Regular
I already checked out zimmermans fish - north america. What other colorful freash water fish are in the United states.

There are many many out there. There are lots of shiner species that have a lot of color, darters, and several small sunfish like the enneacanthus genus as well as some smaller lepomis like orangespotted and dollars.

If you intend to go out looking yourself, after checking your local laws I highly recommend getting a peterson field guide to freshwater fishes, they just released the 2nd edition a couple of years ago, so it's pretty up to date.

There are many many out there. There are lots of shiner species that have a lot of color, darters, and several small sunfish like the enneacanthus genus as well as some smaller lepomis like orangespotted and dollars.

If you intend to go out looking yourself, after checking your local laws I highly recommend getting a peterson field guide to freshwater fishes, they just released the 2nd edition a couple of years ago, so it's pretty up to date.

Thank you do appreciate the info. I was intending on buying them online or something.

Back
Top Bottom