New 65g stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BGK21

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,
I am closing in on finishing my cycle and had some questions for stocking. I am going to get a black ghost knife, i know it will get to big but will upgrade tanks or trade in when appropriate. I am leaning torwards Discus as well. I have been trying to find what i can stock with discus but have only found bristlenose plec. I understand there should be at least 5 but i start to worry about the size of my tank. I will be running a wet/dry filter as well as an emperor 400. Any suggestions on what stock is compatible with discus or new ideas?
Thanks

Discus and knifefish don't mix. Plecos are an option but keep them fed or they will consume the mucus off the discus. How about some tetras or gouramis rather than a knifefish.

I like the BGK so I want to get one of those. Discus are growing on me but might be another tank in the future. I wanted to find some fish that are unique to add in. I hear Ciclids and BGKs don't mix well. Any thoughts on what else to add? I was thinking African Butterfly and/or a Fire Eel and was hoping for some more ideas for a stocking list.

Back
Top Bottom