new addition ideas with my corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clmags19

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking for suggestions for new fish. I currently have 4 corydoras and 1 tiny pleco. They are all peaceful together but mostly hang at the bottom. So I'm looking for new small fish that will be peaceful with them but swim around more. Thanks!

How many gallons is your tank

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

So a 10g tank with 4 Cories and a Rubberlip Pleco ?

A. What species of Corydoras ?

B. Please consider returning the Pleco. A 10g is much too small for ANY Pleco.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=870+1004&pcatid=1004

From Planet Catfish :
" temperature: 20.0-23.0°C or 68-73.4°F

Other Parameters: Has more stringent demands on water quality than many plecos and requires highly oxygenated water. Medium hard water is also beneficial.

Husbandry Information:
FeedingOmnivore. Will eat algae and small live or frozen food. Some individuals can be weaned onto pellet food although this usually takes some effort and trial and error on the part of the aquarist."

C. From your other post, it looks like you are just starting your cycle ? I would NOT add more fish until your tank is cycled and the Pleco is rehomed.

I know your Pleco looks small, but they are poop machines and a new tank doesn't have much food for them.

What are you feeding ? And do you have a pic of the whole tank ?

I love Cories, so I know you want what's best for them.

For now keep up on Water Changes ( PWCs) and keep testing your water.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
When you are ready for more fish, look at Nano fish...species that stay an inch or less.

Your Cories will most likely need at least a 20Long tank as most "dwarf" Cories get 2-3"...too big for a 10g unless you only have Cories and sand and live plants.

For a 10g I recommend either a Single Betta
Or
A group of Celestial Pearl Danios. They are shy, but with lots of live plants they do come out more.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417666625.640109.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417666655.486739.jpg
Or perhaps a Shrimp only tank ?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417666713.824801.jpg

When was a ten gallon mentioned

In that cace what the person above said

Thanks. I'm not getting any new addition until the tanks done cycling. Just looking for ideas :) I do have a 30 gal that I will be setting up to start a fish less cycle soon. So the plan is to eventually relocate there.

I love cories!!! Mine are very lively and brighten up my tank quite a bit! Cories are very peaceful but can be shy also, so be sure to pick a fish that won't harass the cories.

I also recommend using sand, or a 50/50 sand/gravel mix to protect their little whiskers! (Barbells)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes but if you look at recommendations for Rubberlip they like hard water and Tetras and Cories like soft water.

Pleco name covers a TON of species. So that's a very vague statement. Some Plecos become violently territorial over caves.

Back
Top Bottom