New Corydoras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just like you Dom with my Angels, I had 6 then 4 now 2 and that's in a 50g the difference is amazing for the fish, my 2 angels have been kissing me all night through the glass.......lol

Haha how many tanks do you own Ricky?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

LOL, I got the 50g and a 5g hospital tank for emergency's, we all think we know best mate but some clever people on here.........

I know and I understand it most of the time and go along with what most people say but on some things such as this 6.5 gallon tank I'm talking about, I don't.

It's up to you Dom, have a look on craigslist, some good cheap bargains on there, you don't have to spend a fortune..........

I just spent around £100 in total setting up and buying this 6 gallon tank. I'm only a student lol. I may be adding a betta soon and no more.

It's torture to fish, let me put it to you like this. Could a human live in a 4x4 room? Yes. Could they live a long time? Yes. Will they be happy? Probably not. Is it really that difficult to upgrade to a 15-20 gallon? It also always makes me laugh when people say their fish is happy, because they're swimming, and look fine and not pouting? Lol. You're taking a wild life creature and keeping it in captivity, you should try and provide the best environment that you can. I'm sure plenty others would agree... But hey it's your choice in what you do.

You cannot compare fish to humans lol. They don't have feelings. If it was 'torture' these tanks wouldn't be legal to sell or it wouldn't be allowed to sell certain fish in certain tanks. It looks to me they have a lot of room..

They will last a couple of month in that tank they won't die on you if you do frequent water changes but it might stunt there growth

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I do weekly water changes

Why do people even bother to get in this hobby and not take it seriously is beyond me. Have we all made mistakes in this hobby? Of course, but I'm sure those mistakes were honest mistakes. I would never intentionally put a fish in a smaller tank than its intended to be in or incompatible fish together. It's cruel

They may not have feelings but they have needs and if not met they might die

I made that honest mistake before but my Cory lived in my five gallon by its self and was happy for 8 weeks before I finally got a ten Gallon

We temporarily had our 7 (now 6, we lost one sadly, after he/she was in the 10, we had him about a month) pygmy catfish in a 5g tank for a couple weeks and for about 5 days our female betta was in there with them. We changed the water every 2/3 days.

We knew that having them in a 5g was inappropriate, and it was only done for a short period of time. (Checking on catfish health and then when adding the betta, we didn't have another tank for her with a heater and such, while we tested the cycle on our 10g). They are all now in the 10g.

I want to add a couple more fish to my 10g, but multiple people on here have told me that is not a good idea. Yeah, I think that stinks, but, I care about my fish. I don't want them to be stressed or not have enough room. If we add anything, maybe 1-2 more pygmy catfish or maybe some cherry shrimp (I have to research that option some more) but that is it. Our tank is fully cycled and I could probably add a couple fish and the bio-load would be fine, but, they wouldn't necessarily have enough room, especially if our female betta tried to chase them.

I don't think it's wrong to compare a human in a tiny space to a fish in a tiny space. Or a dog in a tiny space to a fish in a tiny space. We are all living creatures with basic needs in order to thrive.

Could you at least get a 10g? Those extra gallons would at least provide some extra space. A 15-20 would be ideal though. If you went up to the 20, then you could get some more friends for your current cories and they'd be so much happier :)

I know fish keeping can get expensive. I had no idea how much things could add up. We spent about $200 on our male betta to start... worth every penny. We've spent another $100-200 more than that since then... we really enjoy our fish though and want them to be happy, so, it is worth it.

There are some tiny fish that might fit a 6.5g tank. Micro Rasbora species are one. They don't hit an inch full grown AFAIK.

You could also just do Cherry Shrimp and some nice plants.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish do have feelings.

You came here asking for advice but why even bother if you're not even willing to listen to what people have to say.

Fishobsessed7

Fish do have feelings.

You came here asking for advice but why even bother if you're not even willing to listen to what people have to say.

Fishobsessed7

I wanted to say the exact same thing but felt that I had said enough already

I have listened. Just because I haven't agreed with everyone doesn't mean I haven't listened. I'm going to get a betta and nothing else

I guess it is more of you're not willing to accept what they are saying. If I were you I'd rehome the fish you currently have and get a betta

Fishobsessed7

I am getting a betta. It will join my two little cories

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom