Oscar friends?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm glad to announce that a friend of mine has a 75. And is 90% sure its a 4'! Housed a boa @ one point, so will have to clean really well, but still. Def cost less than my fail lfs.

Ya. Checking it out in a bit, then I can use my last paycheck to buy filter and another heater and stuff.

I had him trained, but he got kinda spooky after I trap him twice to separate him from my mollies.

She used to play tag with my finger, now she plays tag with my 10 month old niece.

also some LFS will special order in a tank they don't usually carry if you ask sometimes you have to pre-pay for it and other times you don't its usually in the LFS best interest to special order a larger tank because then while it is in there waiting for you to come get it others see it and then the LFS gets more special orders

The tank is 13 inches deep, 21 inches high, and 48 inches long. If someone could either put a link to the gallon calculator or put it in for me it would be greatly appreciated. I think its a 75.

A single Oscar will already crowd a 55g. I just re-homed my Oscar because I was also misinformed and didn't want to stunt him. It was hard to do, but right.

The tanks only 13" wide, an Oscar can easily grow 14"+ inches if water changes are constant and he's a healthy fish. That means he can't even turn around comfortably in the tank, kinda cruel if you think about it. There's other big cichlids more suitable for 55g like Jack Dempsey.

That said, it's going to have to be pretty much just him in the tank. Common pleco's outgrow 55's by a lot, bristlenose plecos, zebra plecos both will probably get eaten. Oscar's can live with something for 2 years then one day you wake up and he's looking like this:
View attachment 58362

This is all in my own personal experience and recommendations from others that I got. But I wish you luck with him, they are awesome fish!

Since its only a 55 I will probably still just wait for Xmas and get the 75. I just got home, went to my friends for a week which is where I found the tank. My lil girl is looking good.

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
aww, i hope the oscar accepts you to tag again :)

She will now take food from my fingers and is playing tag with me again! Can't wait to get her her new tank.

She is 3.5-4 inches. My baby girl. I love her. She is def a lil character.

they grow so big so fast!! its been three weeks and i swear Veron has a good inch on her, 3/4 on Managuense.
she cheered up and is playful now? x

Very! She happily played for a good 15 min the other day! And has decided taking food from my fingers is a good thing.

Well... Now I'm moving. About an hour away. What is the bestial to move her? Remember, I'm kinda new.

Back
Top Bottom