Piranha

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, there you go, you're keeping it illegally....

it is illegal to buy, sell and keep any sort of Piranha fish...Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, South and North Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Washington

PIRANHA FISH

Actually, it is not illegal to own one here in Colorado, it is illegal to release it into the wild although they would not survive our cold winters.

State by State List of Statutes - Prohibit Piranha

#5 is for Colorado:

Last edited:
I am no lawyer, but it's says you cannot keep any of those listed! Unless I missed something!

I meant to paste the middle column of that link. If they are being kept for private aquaria they are permitted.

Possession of the listed species on the right may be authorized as provided by Chapter 13 of these regulations (“Possession of Wildlife, Scientific Collecting and Special Licenses”) or Title 35, Article 80, C.R.S. (“Pet Animal Care and Facilities Act”), or as pets in private aquaria.
However, release of any of the species into waters of the state is p

Piranha's are illegal in the US... people used to set them free when they couldn't handle them anymore... And they were killing off the other fish...
Where do you live?

My LFS has red bellies for sale..

Back
Top Bottom