Plant id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeremy S.

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had a burst of plant growth in my tank but what is all of this?

Slightly blurry thanks to my dumb self feeding corals before I took pics.

First two pics I think I've heard are grape kelp?

The other looks like some kind of fern lol

Attachments

• image-1935504832.jpg
    image-1935504832.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 80
  • image-4010627674.jpg
    image-4010627674.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 78
  • image-2733277387.jpg
    image-2733277387.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 83
Seems to be seaweed it's a good type though so don't take it all away unless it gets out of hand happy reefing

It's growing very well but it hasn't gotten out of hand. What kind of inverts would eat or make a nice home within this?

You can try to use some emerald crabs or try a tang mostly a sailfin. (I'm 13 and know a lot about aquaria I have 3 fish tanks 55fresh 20 fresh and 10 salt) happy reefing

Your lucky though that's some really nice plants you got there I woul love to have some

If anyone in Tennessee sees anything they like I'd love to trade or something :)

But yea, one of my Emeralds is having a blast climbing and hanging out in the plants.

I would try and get that in a sump b4 you try and introducing a tang they very well could eat it outa the tank on the other hand I think the third pic is feather calupera and nothing will eat it and it grows very fast and very hard to get off rocks great in sump though I even kept it in a sandy corner of my tank and trimmed it for a while great place for pod production the root mass and base of te plant when it's in tight growth makes it perfect you could see 1000s of little pods I all types tunneling and climbing the ALGEA

I don't plan on introducing a tang, I'm mostly just keeping coral, Goby, and Damsels. 2 Damsels might have to go in favor of something else; just looking for something more social.

Well tangs are great reef tank fish and they ALGEA graze to help keep the tank clean I have 2 and they are gettin to be a fair size great fish to always swing around when you approach the tank they don't cower away and just bring a very nice life to the tank tangs come in huge variants also

With this tank being just a 40gallon breeder I didn't want to cramp a Tang in there.

Back
Top Bottom