Ponyo in a 20 Long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the ozelot swords looks like it has a few leaves wilting. I'm not sure if it's dehydration or trauma from having a six year-old search for and pick out snails from the plants. Either way, I'm going to very, very, very slowly fill.

1488318536616.jpg

I painted the background to look like the intro.

e9025a12feea240ad588eb44fc62d9bf.jpg

This was just meant to be the base that I would paint the critters and boats and whatnot then draw the wave lines. I don't like how the paint stuck to the board, so I cut up some watercolor paper and made waves that way.

1488318793094.jpg

I made extra purple for the squid and pink for the fish.

As I add tiny bits of water, let's hope it doesn't all float away!

It's gonna be so pretty when it gets done.
Thank you. It's a little weird to have put it together without every single thing, but I think doing it right will be worth waiting for. Plus putting the landscape together has given me a better sense of size for the house and tunnel.

I'm definitely thinking the tank needs this-
029029d0d6d9001a2c7642f7bfa149e3.jpg

Woah! It looks amazing. I think the ponyo and sousuke figurine is a perfect touch. The background is gorgeous, too.

Sometimes you wish a girl could just catch a break! Clearing up nicely though.

So I'm quite thoroughly doped up on norco, hardly able to be upright at all, and yet still parenting. Dozing on the couch, I woke up to my daughter two elbows deep, perched on a stool, moving the sand around with her fingers. I asked what she was doing, and she said she was looking for snails.

The spouse is taking half days right now. I need to get back on my feet!

Awe look at that little puff puff! So cute.

Oh the background! Wonderful with all the layers.

With terrestrial plants, sometimes I like to gently tug them, for lack of a better term. Nothing hard enough to disturb the roots, but definitely meant to feel that they are holding. I'm pretty comfortable doing this with the plants in my other tank, but I'm still so afraid of uprooting everything. How long does it take before you don't have to hold your breath near the plants?

Clearly my brain is very tired.

So I cut a leaf that had a ragged edge, and it didn't float but sank toward the middle of the plant, and I was afraid to bump the plant at all (a buce) for fear of it coming up. Am I being silly?

I tie my Buce to rocks with very fine jewelry line. Like fishing line but much finer. Then I don't touch for at least 3 months. I get a little braver about 6 months. But the stems are so fine I never really handle them a lot. I toss Java fern around like and old mop.

One of the ozelot swords looks like it has a few leaves wilting. I'm not sure if it's dehydration or trauma from having a six year-old search for and pick out snails from the plants. Either way, I'm going to very, very, very slowly fill.

View attachment 295682

I painted the background to look like the intro.

e9025a12feea240ad588eb44fc62d9bf.jpg

This was just meant to be the base that I would paint the critters and boats and whatnot then draw the wave lines. I don't like how the paint stuck to the board, so I cut up some watercolor paper and made waves that way.

View attachment 295683

I made extra purple for the squid and pink for the fish.

As I add tiny bits of water, let's hope it doesn't all float away!

This is so cool! I can't wait to see it's progress. You are very talented! What fish are you putting in it.

I'm new & THIS is the first post I see??! So exciting! Nirbhao, your tank is coming along beautifully. What an amazing idea. I love watching Ponyo. The landscape and sea...such beautiful lines.

It looks fantastic! And the puffer is adorable. :)
Thank you!
I tie my Buce to rocks with very fine jewelry line. Like fishing line but much finer. Then I don't touch for at least 3 months. I get a little braver about 6 months. But the stems are so fine I never really handle them a lot. I toss Java fern around like and old mop.
Obviously. (wanders away muttering)

Buce is now tied to ceramic buttons.
This is so cool! I can't wait to see it's progress. You are very talented! What fish are you putting in it.
Thank you! I have six adorable pea puffers.
I'm new & THIS is the first post I see??! So exciting! Nirbhao, your tank is coming along beautifully. What an amazing idea. I love watching Ponyo. The landscape and sea...such beautiful lines.
(Blushing)

Thank you.

······

1489857630208.jpg
Breakfast

The ozelot swords are doing really well. The alternanthera reineckii is dropping roots all along the stems so I gave them a root tab. Hopefully that helps.

Did I mention that the other day a black worm escaped into the sand? One puffer wouldn't let another eat it, and the worm took that opportunity to burrow. I haven't seen it since then, so hopefully it doesn't reproduce and take over. The puffers are always foraging, so hopefully one of them will find it.

I'm pretty bummed right now that I can't work in my studio. I saw the podiatrist on Saturday who said I broke a toe. like oh surprise! He wants an MRI but needs the swelling to go down first, so he gave me a medicated cast for a week. I looked at motor attachments for my kick wheel, but they're like $400.

DON'T GO TO TRAMPOLINE PARKS

Back
Top Bottom