Ponyo in a 20 Long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1490197001164.jpg

There's got to be food there or something.

I got some new plants recently that had black algae on them. I did a hydrogen peroxide dip, but it came back pretty strong very quickly. They are in QT right now. Not sure the best course of action.

Last edited:
1490321832479.jpg

Pissed off little puff.

Got bladder snails at Petco Tuesday and today noticed little red spots all over this guy.

1490321927097.jpg

And that behavior is not awesome at all.

Those two are in the isolation box separated, and I dosed with Prazi pro.

Ugh. I'm really mad at myself.

Question- if algae doesn't come off leaves with hydrogen peroxide and wiping them down, should I just prune them? Or should I try something stronger?

Behavior has dramatically improved. The spots are no longer red. Everybody was excited to eat their daphnia.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the thread because I wasn't subbed. Which tank is this?

Is this going to be for fish?
This is the 20 long. It has six pea puffers. Substrate is eco complete where there are plants. Light is a Current Satellite LED+. Pressurized CO2.

Bad news: the hoverer was not only hovering but also twirling like a synchronized swimmer. Cursory research points to whirling disease. That's cause by a parasite and symptoms can take 35 to 80 days to show. Considering that these guys are most likely wild caught, exposure would have happened before they were even in the country.

I had already treated with PraziPro. I may do a methylene blue bath. Poor little puff.

Back
Top Bottom