Red Scat behavior issues.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smiles982

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had a red scat in my tank for 2 months now and its not that big. He would chase my fishes around but never nipped on the fins. I added a figure 8 yesterday and now he is started to nip in the tail fins of my mono's and one of them only has half a fin left. Has anyone ever had issues with red scats or any suggestions to get him to stop? I'm thinking bout taking him back to the LFS.

How big is the tank? What are the other fish? Has it been transferred to brackish?

I have a 32 gallon, 2 silver mollies, archer fish, 3 monos and a figure 8 that I added recently. My mollies are actually the biggest fish in the tank. The others are still young. I think in a few months I will be getting a 75 gallon tank.

Its the red scat. I can sit in front of the tank and he will try to nip on the fins if he gets close enough. The puffer and the mollies swim around together to look for food. They dont mess with the mono's and the scat. Tend to stay away from them.
I might just take the scat back to the LFS and get some credit or maybe something else. Maybe I will try a scat again when I get a bigger tank.

Back
Top Bottom