Schooling Fish Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Candy cane tetras(I've seen them called hi 511 tetra also)

If you ever get the urge again to add another school, ( and you don;t want tetras) there are other Rasboras you can get such as Scissortails, Brilliants and Clowns or if you want an interesting looking Tetra and not your day to day everybody and their uncle has these Tetras, try a school of penguin Tetras. These look so interesting when schooled in a tank. They might change your mind about Tetras ;)

Hope this helps in the future :D

The angel will eat no tetras, I've had a school if 20 neon tetras and an angelfish together and it went fine
Add them if you wish

You CANNOT guarantee an Angel won't eat Neons ! Adult Angels can easily eat small fish. Angels eat Neons in the wild. Angels are Cichlids.

But in large tanks with lots of plants, if the Angels grow up with them, the Neons might be ok. Cardinals are often used instead as they are larger and not as easily eaten.

Some Angels become jerks as adults esp if they pair up. They may try to kill everything. Other Angels stay peaceful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good one, Brookster!
I set up a 50g for my Angels to get them out of my community tank cuz once they grew up, they body slammed my other fish when I fed.

My angels are like the size if my palm, and they behave like that, angels
I think that it's like bettas, depends on each ones attitude

You could add dwarf neon rainbows... thay get about 2.5 inches, are unique and have a beautiful blue body with red fins

My angels are like the size if my palm, and they behave like that, angels
I think that it's like bettas, depends on each ones attitude

Wow, it's surprising that they don't eat the neons. My mum had angels and they would eat anything the size of their mouths(pretty big and where she came from the angels were a lot larger anyways. Like huge. Pics?:D

Back
Top Bottom