Scott's DIY 10 Gallon Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
scottayy said:
What can I get to make my water more blue? The LED light fixture I have has 18 1W white LEDs and 3 1W actinic LEDs.

Would a stunner strip such as these one make my water blue-er or would it be too weak?

3W
Aquarium LED Lights: Current USA TrueLumen LED Strips

Or this 6W
Aquarium Lighting & LED Lights: ecoxotic Stunner LED Strip

And would 6 or 9W actinics be too much for corals in a 10 gallon tank?

This was my 5g on the stunner strips only so I think one stunner strip is enough. Order a reflector as well as 18w is equivalent to a 4 bulb and the reflector doubles the PAR of the stunner.

With 9W actinic and 18W white, do you think the water would have a blue appearance?
My 55 is a crisp white color with the whites on, I'd like for this one to be a bit different.

Your raising the actinics to a total of 15 watts, it would be a big difference compared to 9. My fixture is a 4 bulb with an even amount of blue and 10k white but I see the blue more.

I have bought from aquatraders also and I don't trust their stuff. They may have changed their builds but the oddysea 4 bulb with moonlights I bought almost caught my house on fire. I have heard tha their reflectors are bad also.

needmorecowbell said:
I have bought from aquatraders also and I don't trust their stuff. They may have changed their builds but the oddysea 4 bulb with moonlights I bought almost caught my house on fire. I have heard tha their reflectors are bad also.

What? When was this? My mh was 608w and never caught for anywhere near catching my house on fire and I've used it for almost 2 yrs. it was on 8hrs a day and the t5s were on 11hrs

I think I'm going to go with the 6W 453nm, to help my future corals more.
I forgot how much waiting for a tank to cycle stinks!

scottayy said:
I think I'm going to go with the 6W 453nm, to help my future corals more.
I forgot how much waiting for a tank to cycle stinks!

Go with the pro model instead. At 25w along with your 18w you can keep anything you'd like under your lights. Even LPS at your sand bed

That seems like a heck of a lot of light. I'm not familiar with LEDs.. that much light won't fry my stuff?

scottayy said:
That seems like a heck of a lot of light. I'm not familiar with LEDs.. that much light won't fry my stuff?

No it shouldn't if you keep it about 4" above your tank

Back
Top Bottom