Shame on you Animal Planet. Shame.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryanman

Aquarium Advice Regular
Was watching tanked last night and saw this atrosity. 12 red cap goldfish in a 5 gallon, on national television. Nothing like the smell of dieing overcrowded fish in your newborns room. At least Tracy seemed like he knew how to keep fish and probably fixed the situation once those two boobs left.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1415555278977.jpg
    1415555278977.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 1415555334324.jpg
    1415555334324.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 189
  • 1415555372204.jpg
    1415555372204.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 199
The tank itself is a bit disturbing

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Seriously... it's television.. change the channel or read a book..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Seriously... it's television.. change the channel or read a book..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here is an idea, you don't like it don't read it, and you go read a book. Instead of wasting my time with your post. sorry if you feel as if i have wasted your time but it stuck out to me so... I posted it. :thanks: and have a nice day!

Ok folks, we have had this discussion multiple times. Tanked overstocks. End of discussion, we don't need anyone getting in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Huh? Anyway i was reading that craigslist horror story thread and thought this deserved mentioning, I am not irate or anything, as i said i'm sure the situation was remedied. But jeez maybe don't lead with a jerk comment like go read a book, just saying.

Edit:
sorry it bothered you delete the post if you must.

I agree with the OP. And if people don't like this thread, they don't have to read it or comment on it the same as people don't have to watch tanked.

Yeah... cant be good and im sure there is no refunds haha.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I must agree with the OP.... the generally under-informed public may well interpret that as an endorsement that it is acceptable to crowd that many fish into a small aquarium.

This is ESPECIALLY true if they see it on Discovery, Animal Planet, National Geographic, etc!

Granted most/all of us here on AA forum know this is wrong, but the under-informed will form their opinion based on what they may have available, even if it IS just a TV show! My own mother though a goldfish would do fine in an outdoor 'pond' (it was 10G) with no real filtration or aeration! That poor fish now swims in a much bigger tank with sump filtration and crystal-clear water!

Back
Top Bottom