Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fish are in the tank! They look.... well, they look like you would expect ram cichlids to look like after 2 and a half days in a bag, in a box. So I'll wait on pictures until they settle down. The female took the spot under the driftwood arch immediately and hasn't moved. The male went for the corner but is now starting to move around and explore. Good signs! And they look very very healthy aside from the obvious shipping stress!

Congrats on getting yours. Last update says they are stuck an hour away from me and have not moved in 12 hours, but somehow the expected delivery is still today!

Congrats on getting yours. Last update says they are stuck an hour away from me and have not moved in 12 hours, but somehow the expected delivery is still today!

Ahh, isn't USPS great? I've read so many horror stories... So far I'm lucky enough that they haven't screwed up any fish shipments of mine, besides somehow breaking PoppaRynos angelfish box/bag. But the fish came out fine still.

Female has moved from her spot! Male has gone back to his, lol. They look like they're settling down though :)

Ahh, isn't USPS great? I've read so many horror stories... So far I'm lucky enough that they haven't screwed up any fish shipments of mine, besides somehow breaking PoppaRynos angelfish box/bag. But the fish came out fine still.

Something like this has happened 5 of the 6 times I ship or receive a shipment:banghead::banghead::shock:, of those 4 are from/going to the New England area and one was Florida:banghead:. Only one that has gone off without a hitch was something from Ohio.

I used FedEx overnight once. Cost me a lot more than USPS but FedEx did seem to handle the fish better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I used FedEx overnight once. Cost me a lot more than USPS but FedEx did seem to handle the fish better

FedEx is definitely better, but like you found out, FedEx is short for Federal Expre$$....

Have a fish picture!
12029001_895832777157524_1560862472_n.jpg

unfollowing for a bit*...these ram pictures are going to drive me nuts!

*not really but won't be looking at new posts

Very nice! What water temp are you keeping them in?

Tank is 81ish right now. Debating raising the temperature. Especially since I see what may or may not be ich. I have been known to very often mistake errant grains of sand and the odd bubble for ich, so I'm holding off on treating for the moment.

Tank is 81ish right now. Debating raising the temperature. Especially since I see what may or may not be ich. I have been known to very often mistake errant grains of sand and the odd bubble for ich, so I'm holding off on treating for the moment.

Should be no ich?
They are tough!
2 days is nothing for them.
I dig the stress stripe on him!

Keep temp in the range you are at IMO.(y)
They will settle in.
Starve them till tomorrow at least.:eek:

Should be no ich?
They are tough!
2 days is nothing for them.
I dig the stress stripe on him!

Keep temp in the range you are at IMO.(y)
They will settle in.
Starve them till tomorrow at least.:eek:

As soon as I went back to check, the white spot had disappeared, so it was probably a grain of sand. I have paranoia-driven ich vision, augmented by white fine-grain sand :facepalm:

Yep, no feeding. They're still in the back corners; I won't feed them at least till they start moving about more

Stress stripe?

The horizontal line will go away.
It is a stress stripe to me.
Personally I like his posture in pic.
He will color up good quickly(a day or two).

You all and your Kuhlis and rams makes me want to try them. Had black Kuhlis once. Got leaches in that tank. The striped ones in your pics are so cute and the rams well yeah, even the non cichlid keeper in me can appreciate rams.

Back
Top Bottom