Sk3lly's Tank Progression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm curious how it would look setup like I've seen in stores or on the BML videos - more towards the front of the tank, angled slightly towards the back. Have you tried that?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm curious how it would look setup like I've seen in stores or on the BML videos - more towards the front of the tank, angled slightly towards the back. Have you tried that?

Ive had it more towards the back angled forward so that i can get my arms in the tank easier. Maybe i will try later in todays photoperiod.

Ive had an email response from BML. The solunar was shipped separately. I think a bit of communication on their part would have done wonders in this situation. Even just a piece of paper with 'solunar to follow' scribbled on it would have been enough.

Nevermind

I will say that i am 100% impressed with their product. Cant fault it in any way at all

Does that mean more taxes? Because it's a separate parcel??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I really dont know tbh
It might incur a small charge, maybe £10. In Ireland they calculate the tax based on the full retail value of the product(which the seller is supposed to disclose), so either way you would have had to pay it. It's quite likely that customs may not spot this package or not bother billing you. I know you are in a different country Sk3lly but we usually copy the way you guys do things....haha

It might incur a small charge, maybe £10. In Ireland they calculate the tax based on the full retail value of the product(which the seller is supposed to disclose), so either way you would have had to pay it. It's quite likely that customs may not spot this package or not bother billing you. I know you are in a different country Sk3lly but we usually copy the way you guys do things....haha

Yes i think that is exactly how it works. The import tax is pretty much just VAT i think. So it should work out the same in theory as if they'd of sent it in one package.

Yes i think that is exactly how it works. The import tax is pretty much just VAT i think. So it should work out the same in theory as if they'd of sent it in one package.
Yeah it's the VAT that they miss out on when you buy abroad. It's a pity they or other don't have a European seller, then we wouldn't have to pay it. In saying that though, the cost of the light would probably be greater, so no real saving.......

They packaged my BML today! I should go pick it up right now, but downtown traffic at this hour? And this hangover... I think it can wait until lunch tomorrow.

I think thats around $130 in total for solunar and fixture in import tax alone. Thats without shipping charges and actual cost of these things

That's a tough pill to swallow there.. should all be worth it in a few weeks though..

Oh yes we do :D $350 bml's for everyone!! Except Ian and skelly.. they pay more.. ahhhahahah

If our fat-scavenging polititians ever try an import tax on us, we'd probably go burn down DC and start over, LOL

Here here!! "No taxation without representation!!" Especially on my overpriced aquarium goods;)

Solunar in my possession :)

Ive had a quick look at setting it up. Maybe spent 30mins on it. Got my own program set into it.

30min fade up, 2 hour 100%, 30min fade down

2 hour siesta period under moonlight.

30min fade up, 2 hour 100%, 30min fade down

Not 100% sure its up and running so may need to leave it disconnected until i have more time to monitor. Im in a rush to get down the pub :p

Back
Top Bottom