Sk3lly's Tank Progression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heya. I haven't read the thread except pages 11 and 12. How come you're planning on using all RODI? 211 from the tap doesn't seem that awful.

I let my water hang around 100 (from the tap my water is only 12-20) with some equilibrium remineralization. It goes up during the week as I add ferts and stuff but never over 200.

OS wanted me to come chime in I just need a direction to go with the chiming :)

TDS meter is fun yeah?? I have a pH meter too that one is fun as well.

Heya. I haven't read the thread except pages 11 and 12. How come you're planning on using all RODI? 211 from the tap doesn't seem that awful.

I let my water hang around 100 (from the tap my water is only 12-20) with some equilibrium remineralization. It goes up during the week as I add ferts and stuff but never over 200.

OS wanted me to come chime in I just need a direction to go with the chiming :)

TDS meter is fun yeah?? I have a pH meter too that one is fun as well.

Yea thanks for commenting. Well earlier in the thread. I had GBR eggs, tht didnt get fertilised. My male ram swam over them trying to fertilise. I read that in hard water the sperm cannot get into yhe egg. So i wanted to lower my pH and gH/kH. I need to add 16 drops to my vial for my gH test. Basically my tank is tetras and two rams and i want better water conditions for them. Hence the RODI water

Im going to go and get the bits i need for your delivery tomoz. I'll start to have a better idea of total cost for you Ian

If i were to eventually use 3 parts rodi to one part tap water, would i need to mineralise?? This ratio should bring my parameters to an ok level i think

I think i may have used my plumbing knowledge to come up with a way of producing rodi water through the unit with no waste water at all. Im going to phone the manufacturer tomorrow and see if its viable without damaging any part of the unit. Hmmmm i wonder lol

Been thinking about it all night!!

I think i may have used my plumbing knowledge to come up with a way of producing rodi water through the unit with no waste water at all. Im going to phone the manufacturer tomorrow and see if its viable without damaging any part of the unit. Hmmmm i wonder lol Been thinking about it all night!!
no reason why returned water could not be finished water....

If i were to eventually use 3 parts rodi to one part tap water, would i need to mineralise?? This ratio should bring my parameters to an ok level i think
I wouldn't think so. That would put your tank around 50ppm which seems totally fine.

Have ordered a second RO membrane and housing for my RODI unit. The waste water from the first RO membrane will be directed into the second membrane. The two useable water pipes coming from the RO membranes will join together and go on to the deionise stage. This is said to greatly reduce waste water. Its a £30 upgrade

Have ordered a second RO membrane and housing for my RODI unit. The waste water from the first RO membrane will be directed into the second membrane. The two useable water pipes coming from the RO membranes will join together and go on to the deionise stage. This is said to greatly reduce waste water. Its a £30 upgrade
Clever! Must be handy to be a plumber working on tanks :)

Loving this new Rodi unit. Got my water change water ready to go sunday. Been using it for my drinking water. Its like drinking straight from a mountain stream!! So much fresher. Cant wait until my second membrane arrives so i can make the unit more efficient. Should be here tomorrow

That's awesome man!! Mountain steams are the best!! Except during salmon spawning seasons, than it's not so good for drinking;)

I think im going to pull the trigger on a build my led fixture next weekend. Ive come to the conclusion my current lighting is not good enough and its holding my tank back

Seems like bml is apex lighting, can't go wrong there man, forgive me if this is redundant.. What's the current lighting setup?

I have standard t8 2 bulb lighting hood (useless) but i also run a tmc grobeam 600 alongside it. Knowing what i do know, im very doubtfull this has me in high light, although my DHG carpet is fine. So i dont know lol

Back
Top Bottom