So, my new 10 gallon goldfish tank, what do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are goldfish like I've never kept them (supprisingly I've been keeping fish since I was seven) my dad said that I can get another tank when I have the money... So close two more weeks... I'm 12

Wow; indeed a good deal of the teenage demographic on here...

What do you mean by "what are they like"? That's pretty broad; if you can tell us what you're asking, specifically, perhaps we can assist a bit more...(y)

I'm thinking that perhaps some kind of switch should take place, but I'm unsure exactly how...the Moor would do much better in that 55 gallon, I tell you that...:blink:

Alex ski
Don't give up on animals, but it's not just about the fish and tank and decorations plus gravel, you need a steady supply of medication, food and water treatment, also any questions you have, ask, I will be glad to help:)

Im 15, you can take a look at my 2 tanks, a 10 gallon iwagumi that is currently in a dry start and a 36 gallon cichlid tank that i just got some new cichlids for through my threads. You should put the goldfish in the 55 gallon.

Here's the whole thing

Wow -- this looks like a "room dividing" tank...is it in the middle of two rooms, to be viewed from either side? I love those...

What kind of "theme" do you have going on in there...I see some of the "huts" and "houses"...was this an attempt at an "Island" or "Asian" kind of thing?

Well , they think that I will not be able to care for a 20 gallon, they say it's too much, but at the end of the month, I have an extra 150 dollars on my check( not to count the animal saving I have which is over 2000 dollars), and I can't put all of those fish in a 10 gallon, there are over 20 , the biggest is 7 inches long!

Well yes, it has a view to the living room and the dining room, the theme, well, mostly the island you say, not really Asian, but man, I love that tank!

Alex ski
Don't give up on animals, but it's not just about the fish and tank and decorations plus gravel, you need a steady supply of medication, food and water treatment, also any questions you have, ask, I will be glad to help:)

I am a stark advocate of not adding "medications" to a tank unless in DIRE, absolute EMERGENCY situations only; from experience, it's better to continue regular water changes and do an immediate one if the fish don't look or act right. Medications normally make matters worse, putting into the water column things that are sometimes difficult to remove via filtration (even with carbon) and which end up affecting the healthy fish (if the sick ones have not been quarratined).

Here are the essentials:

- Good filtration
- Good water conditioner/treatment (I suggest Seachem's PRIME)
- Premium daily food
- If just starting up a tank you must put fish in, use something like Seachem's STABILITY or Tetra's SAFESTART to "brace" the water and prepare the fish for it; I've never lost a fish in a brand new tank using Seachem's STABILITY...
- Bucket & syphon, of course, for water changes

Keep it simple! (y)

I think you should put that goldfish in the 55 gallon before it eats the shrimp, minnows, or dies. Nice to see another teenage fish keeper.

Well yes, it has a view to the living room and the dining room, the theme, well, mostly the island you say, not really Asian, but man, I love that tank!

Yeah, those room-dividing tanks are gorgeous...amazing to look at...they really make a home...

Unfortunately, most aquarium hobbyists (myself included) have to place their tanks against a solid wall...

I think you should put that goldfish in the 55 gallon.

My sentiments, exactly...

Also, penguin -- change the spelling, in your signature, of "to many aquariums" to "TOO many aquariums"...

As well as in the reference to "to bad my parents..."; change this to "TOO bad my parents..." and then add an apostrophe in "dont," where it states "...too bad my parents DON'T"...

:)

I agree with artesia wells, medication only if a necessary, but you should have money in case of an emergency
And I have a question, if I could find a good home for my black moor, what would be a good adition, I was thinking 5 zebra danios, 3 cherry barbs, 2 ottos, two African dwarf frogs, 4 black kuhli loaches, and the Shrimp, is this ok?

I agree with artesia wells, medication only if a necessary, but you should have money in case of an emergency
And I have a question, if I could find a good home for my black moor, what would be a good adition, I was thinking 5 zebra danios, 3 cherry barbs, 2 ottos, two African dwarf frogs, 4 black kuhli loaches, and the Shrimp, is this ok?

Someone with more experience and knowledge in the tropical fish area would be able to answer this for you.....(y)

Whoa!!! First of all that would be way overstocked and zebra danios are going to want alot of space to swim around they are very active. Cherry barbs are semi aggressive so being in a crowded tank they might nip at other fish or eat the shrimp. Ottos are fine but im not sure if you should get 2. African dwarf frogs will eat shrimp or pretty much anything that will fit into their mouth. I dont know much about kuhli loaches but i think they are also semi aggressive. Sorry i know you probably dont want to hear that.

Wow thanks for all this help, anything else I need to know about goldfish or the minnows or shrimp, anything else? Thanks you guys are awesome, I really thank you:)

Back
Top Bottom