So, my new 10 gallon goldfish tank, what do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting observation I have made: I see a good number of people on this site making references to "their parents" and "needing to go to school" and such with regard to maintaining/building a tank, and I am just curious...what is the average age of members on this forum?

I ask because with all these comments, I truly feel old.....:nono::bawl:

I'm 29

Im still on the second page of reading this thread but to the op, just to give you an example of how goldfosh grow... I got mine about 10 months ago at about 1 inch long and as of today here's how he looks in a 20 gallon tank. And he probably would be bigger but he started in a 5 gallon tank and I believe he is a little stunted

This little guy is now over 4 inches long from nose to tail fin. He was just moved to the 20 ten weeks ago but I'm already planning on a much larger tank because I can see what's coming... All for a goldfosh I won for 50 cents

Ok I guess the picture didn't attach to my post. Now every time I try the app crashes on my phone

He's a shubunkin and can get to 8 or 9 inches I think

My point though was that goldfish grow FAST

In less then a year he's grown 400%

Nice! Right now I have my moor in a 10 gallon, he has obviously grown, not very sure what size he was when we got him, as of now, he is about three inches from nose to tip of tail, pretty small!

Keep an eye on your numbers though. Goldfish produce tons of waste. While I was cycling I was going from 0 to 1 ppm of ammonia in about a day. Lots and lots of water changes.

I finally cycled, and things were good for a bit but all of a sudden everything started going nuts. I had to rip out my ugf and marineland hob and put in a canister. I think I didnt have enough room for bio media and nitrites were slowly taking over.. Things have actually just settled down in the last week finally

Well in my 10 gallon, I have one black moor, 2 mystery snails, about 8 ghost shrimp and six white cloud mountain minnow, is it too much? I do weekly 70% water changes

Unfortuneately I'm not experienced enough to give you an answer... All i can speak of is my personal experiences and in my 20g, besides that goldfish I have a painted tetra, A Glo fish daino and a molly and people have told me I'm overstocked and I've been witness to the problems it can create.

I lost another danio a while back to an infection and a balloon molly to something mysterious... It was my tank telling me something was wrong but I was too slow reacting, and it was a battle to finally get things right

If you click on my profile u can check out what happened to me in the thread that says something about persistent nitrites

Well, it would be nice to keep a pure black and an orange black "hybrid moor" but again, I am going through enough troubles buying that 20 gallon, let alone 2 goldfish need 40 gallons minimum if I am correct, but that golden color, I am just fascinated by it, I have never seen a golden moor before, awesome!

As I said, I had, myself, not even known that they change from black to this color had it not been for the fish herself changing and what JLK told me on here...

Did you take a zoomed view of the Moor in my pics? :D

Oh yes I did, I didn't recognize it until I noticed its beautiful pop eyes, I thought it might have been an oranda or something like that, but that orange is more of a golden yellow, a very beautiful color, also is only its tail black, or are its fis black also, I am very curious at this point:)

Oh yes I did, I didn't recognize it until I noticed its beautiful pop eyes, I thought it might have been an oranda or something like that, but that orange is more of a golden yellow, a very beautiful color, also is only its tail black, or are its fis black also, I am very curious at this point:)

As I said, I will try and get you some zoomed-in images of her; to answer your question, amazingly, just her rear "forked tails" are black...the rest of the body is that golden orange...and, she started off ALL black, just like yours....;)

She changed that much in just a year..... Man! Hope mine changes like that, but in a 10 gallon, I don't know how much he would grow:(

She changed that much in just a year..... Man! Hope mine changes like that, but in a 10 gallon, I don't know how much he would grow:(

That's the underlying factor here -- he has to be moved to bigger digs!

It may have been a bit longer than a year; I'm not 100 percent positive...:blink:

Thanks for all the help, gotta go, but keep me updated with pics of your tank, really want to see its progress, thanks, and anything you need or any questions, feel free to ask, thanks:)

Thanks for all the help, gotta go, but keep me updated with pics of your tank, really want to see its progress, thanks, and anything you need or any questions, feel free to ask, thanks:)

Hey man, anytime -- and you do the same (ask me anything you want to know and keep me updated about your tank)!

Have a good night!

Ive never kept a goldfish. Probably because of the size tank they need. I would like to one day get a pond with some koy and goldfish.

Ive never kept a goldfish. Probably because of the size tank they need. I would like to one day get a pond with some koy and goldfish.

Alright Mr. Penguin...

I told you to fix the spelling of those references within your signature, didn't I? The missed apostrophes and such? And, now, you must fix your spelling of "KOI" which isn't spelled "KOY"...

;);):ROFLMAO:

Just messin' wit cha....(y)

Back
Top Bottom