Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why do you want a UV sterilizer for your ten gallon? You don't need one. Stock looks good.

Never stock your tank for something that "might" happen in the future. But by all means, do what floats your boat since it is your tank. But my .02 is that I would possibly lower the shrimp count... In half. But of course, that would just be for my visual appeal.

aqua hobbyist said:
What about 2 dwarf/ flame gourami, and 5 ghost shrimp?

You probably won't find a female dwarf gourami, (since they aren't that colorful, and stores don't like to sell ugly fish) and two males in a 10 would be a no go :eek:

How about

1 DG
3 Guppies 1:2 ratio
3 Ghost shrimp
2 Snails (of your choosing)

Anything else more specific!:(

What Of I got a breeding pair, would that be okay?

Last edited by a moderator:
aqua hobbyist said:
What Of I got a breeding pair, would that be okay?

Hey of you can find a female... Go for it. All I'm saying is that, for me, it's been quite a challenge finding a female DG.

If your lfs are petsmart and petco, you're not gunna fine a female dg.

1 dg
6 ghost shrimp
3 snails
3 guppies.
Done.

so the final FINAL stock list

2 dwarf gouramis 1:1
4 ghost shrimp
2 snails
anubias and java fern on mopani wood

aqua hobbyist said:
so the final FINAL stock list

2 dwarf gouramis 1:1
4 ghost shrimp
2 snails
anubias and java fern on mopani wood

I reeeeally don't think you're gunna find a female dg. Not at petsmart or petco anyway

paytertot said:
I reeeeally don't think you're gunna find a female dg. Not at petsmart or petco anyway

Not to mention, haven't you been told not to do 2 dg's?

aqua hobbyist said:
No, this is only the second reply from you on this thread!:)

I have no idea why that matters. I told you not to do two dgs. DON'T do two dgs. Just don't. This is why I said not to have so many threads, its frustrating and hard to help you when the info is strung across the forum, and we have to go back and forth.

aqua hobbyist said:
No, this is only the second reply from you on this thread!:)

I an not referring to myself. I have no experience with any gourami. I'm referring to multiple others telling you that you should not do it. Below are 3 from this thread alone! I know you are just trying to get answers so you can set up your tank properly but your threads are all over the place! There is no reason to have so many about the same tank. If you want something, research it, then come here and ask classifying questions. Not talk in circles in numerous threads..

Maxw47 said:
I would stick with only 1 dwarf gourami (they can get pretty territorial and that's no fun). If you are going to do cories, do pandas. They are smaller.

calfishguy said:
I'd go with opt 2. 2 dg will kill themselves in a 10g. Only buy 8 shrimp though they will breed.

paytertot said:
I have no idea why that matters. I told you not to do two dgs. DON'T do two dgs. Just don't. This is why I said not to have so many threads, its frustrating and hard to help you when the info is strung across the forum, and we have to go back and forth.

Back
Top Bottom