Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
aqua hobbyist said:
But Ido t know what to do with them?

What were you going to do with them??? You said you were going to get rid of them and stock with 1 dwarf gourami, 3 cories, and 8 shrimp?? Don't tell me you were just going to keep the other fish :facepalm:

I'm going to give them to my uncle with a 40 gallon!

I'm not doing 3 cories because I don't have the dwarf ones in my region

Last edited by a moderator:
aqua hobbyist said:
I'm going to give them to my uncle with a 40 gallon!

Well then you do know what to do with them. Anyways, I agree with buying some cories online. Other than that, I don't know what you could put in there. I would really not do otos. Maybe a few nerite snails.

What if we don't want to order fish online? What other fish have the same bio load equal to three panda cories?

Can gouramis eat tropical fish flake food or is there a food specifically for them?

aqua hobbyist said:
Can gouramis eat tropical fish flake food or is there a food specifically for them?

I feed mine tropical flake foods, and bloodworms and theyre fine with them.

No angelfish. Maybe 3-4 guppies? I would do all male so that you don't get fry, plus they are really colorful. When are you getting your test kit. Make sure the tank is cycled before putting ANY fish in. It might be, but don't risk it.

How do you know if it's cycled? My ammonia an nitrite are 0 but my nitrates are a 3

aqua hobbyist said:
How do you know if it's cycled? My ammonia an nitrite are 0 but my nitrates are a 3

3? Sounds like you are using strips, not the liquid test kit that was recommended

Well idk how test strips work, other then unreliable! but if its anything like liquid testing, you need to do a wc asap! Anything above a .25 is not good!

smomus said:
Well idk how test strips work, other then unreliable! but if its anything like liquid testing, you need to do a wc asap! Anything above a .25 is not good!

That's nitrITES. His are nitrAtes. That's fine.

I'm keeping my fry in a breeder bet right now since I'm giving them away soon, so that I don't have to spend half and hour netting them!

Ate there any other gouramis that are dwarf, they weren't labeled dwarf at my lfs.

How many black kuhli loaches could I get to replace three panda cories bio load?

Last edited by a moderator:
Final stock options:

1 dwarf/flame gourami
3-4 fancy guppies
12 ghost shrimp
2-3 snails

Back
Top Bottom