Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What if I just kill all the fish currently in my tank, and add the fish later?

why on earth would you do that??!! im gunna be really honest, im getting a little frustrated.... i dont think youre really listening. have you or hav eyou not read the articles i posted? read them before you post again pleeease

aqua hobbyist said:

Kill them!?!?!?! That seems quite cruel. Just return/ re home them.

And it looks stained, and low water levels. Cant really see much with that light either

What do I do with the fish I currently have if I want to cycle the tank, wait for them to die, return them(parents would hate me), rehome them(relatives have 40 gallon, but are new to fish), or kill them(less trouble)??? Choose!

Dude, stop asking questions that you have already asked and trying to think of ways to get around doing the right thing! What do you not get? Do a little research, CYCLE YOUR TANK, and your good to go! Don't kill your fish, cycle your tank with shrimp, or something dumb like that. Just use ammonia, a test kit, and it's easy as that.

aqua hobbyist said:
What do I do with the fish I currently have if I want to cycle the tank, wait for them to die, return them(parents would hate me), rehome them(relatives have 40 gallon, but are new to fish), or kill them(less trouble)??? Choose!

Why would your parents hate you?

The other people can learn if you direct them to this site

And killing something because you dont want it anymore is sick.

Im starting to feel like paytertot here

You're right but my parents don't agree and they think it's stupid that there's something called cycling before adding new fish.

return them to the fish store. asap. and do a water change, like now. or sooner.

You can't return fish to petsmart. Re homing is the best option. Killing is just not an option. That is like buying a car, realizing you forgot gas, and throwing it away.

Well my parents thought the same thing (I'm 13). I just made them read an article and they understood.

Open up one of the cycling threads that paytertot posted and have them read it. Then they might understand more. And all you need to do is return them. Im starting to feel really bad for your fishies.

I would take some fish, but my new ten and 2.5 are cycling (try it). My other ten is fully stocked.

Kill your fish. Because they deserve it? This is why you and anyone should do as much research as humanly possible (and then some) before buying a single piece of equipment. You have aaallloooooooot to learn, and to tell you the truth, even when you think you know everything, you still don't know half of it! Trust me, I've been doing this for a few years now, and I STILL learn something new everyday. There's more to it then dumping water in a tank then stocking new fish. It doesn't seem like you understand that. Read. Stuff. A lot of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom