Stocking 55 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well there is loads you can do in a tank that size. First off is your tank cycled and what type of filtration do you have?

Look into South/Central American cichlids, or just general community fish post a little list of fish your interested in so we can help more.

I personally would do a tank with New World Cichlids.

Pseudotropheus_saulosi.jpg

Saulosi species tank

My tank is cycled and I have a Marineland filter. I'm not sure as to the size. I bought the tank used and it came with it, it seems to do a nice job though. I am more interested in a community tank than cichilds. I already have a couple cichids. I am interested in having a pleco and some of the more brightly colored fish to accent my tank? Maybe some neon tetras?

Ok here might be a good stock list for you

10-Cardinal tetras(bigger than neons and hardier)
1- Albino Bristlenose Pleco
8- Harlequin Rasbora
8- Cory Cats or 8 kuhli loach if you have sand.
2- Pearl Gouramis

In a 55g tank you have a lot of fish options. You can look into these species to see if any interest you. Threadfin Rainbows, Dwarf Neon Rainbows, all the many colored Rainbowfish, Neon, Cardinal, or Rummynose Tetra's, Diamond tetra's (one of the larger peaceful tetra's), Harlequin or Purple Rasbora's, Kerri Tetra's, and many others. Then you can look into Cory cats or many species of Loaches. Look at many different types of fish and write down some combinations you like and then you can run your idea's by everyone. Rainbowfish have an incredible array of colors to choose from.

pair of angelfish or pair of pearl gouramis
6 dwarf neon rainbowfish
8 black ruby barbs
6 dwarf chain loaches

or any one of 9,999 other combinations :).

What kind of fish do you like?

Back
Top Bottom