'Surprise' Extra Betta Sent - What to Do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ordered a male Betta from aquabid once too a few years ago and I had a little surprise when I opened up the package he had put in another male Betta for free. While this was very nice since I didn't have to pay,it was a bit if an inconvenience since I didn't want to set up a fourth tank. Thankfully i had an old 5g tank with filter and all I gave to my friend with the other male.

I will try. I'm probably the only grown woman whose mother has to help her post pics.:oops:

Here is a picture and video:http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/closed.cgi?view_closed_item&fwbettashm1359472575 Let me know if it doesn't work.

The male is an opaque white halfmoon. Surprising because I used to go for the vivid ones. My bedroom is now a soft yellow so a red fish just doesn't cut it now.

OH MY COW! Literally the most GORGEOUS Betta I have EVER seen!

ktomminello said:
:) Hey there, REALLY horrible that the breeder charged you :nono:, but here is where I can brighten it up a little :cool: Male and female pairs can be kept together, all that's needed is lots of soft plants, silk flowers or live plants and cavernous lava rock and driftwood... I keep 3 females and a male with schoolers in a 40g..... The only thing really is to keep an eye out for aggressive fin nipping- a couple hollow decorations for them to call their own and their own leaf to sleep on and you shouldn't have a problem!!
(y):dance:

How long have they been kept together? This will absolutely not work in the majority of instances, ESPECIALLY not in an 8 gallon tank.

If you are having to keep an eye out for aggressive fin nipping, it doesn't really sound like this is working out too well at all...

Whooooosssshhhh I am blown away! I never liked white Bettas in the past but this is a whole other story! He looks like a white stallion! Like a Lippizaner, he is quite elegant and feisty ;)

Whooooosssshhhh I am blown away! I never liked white Bettas in the past but this is a whole other story! He looks like a white stallion! Like a Lippizaner, he is quite elegant and feisty ;)
Beautiful image. Lovely compliment.

I like them feisty. And elegant.

Thank you.

I'm trying to find names to fit them. Elegant and feisty names suggestions are welcome.

Nice betta! Looks healthy
Thank you. I'm praying they stay healthy with the shipper before they get to the transshipper. I wonder if they've been returned to the breeder from the shipper since they missed the flight.

Alba

Fiona Frost

Polar Expedition (a white thoroughbred race horse I won on many many years ago)

Milky and Cookie

The white witch (lion, witch & wardrobe)

Falcor, the luck dragon in "Never Ending Story"
And Atreyu's white steed (remember his name??) Artax!

Attachments

• image-4239843192.jpg
    image-4239843192.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 45
  • image-1188311280.jpg
    image-1188311280.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 42
Prism (white being pure light..)Crystalina/Cristobal
Io (she was turned into a white cow by Zeus to protect we from Hera's wrath, also a very neat figure in Greek mythology and a moon on Jupiter I think)
Donnie Darko (ha)
Winter
Hope/Faith/Patience/Earnest/Pax
Bank(like a snow bank)
Black Diamond (hecks yah, this one is rad)
Chicago ("white"sox)
Pearl
Om
Shanti (peace in Sanskrit)

Back
Top Bottom